Complaint Review: Volkswagon Of America

• Submitted: Mon, June 16, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, June 16, 2008

• Reported By:Hilo Hawaii
Volkswagon Of America
2200 Ferdinand Porsche Drive Hendron, Virginia U.S.A.

Volkswagon Of America Purchased brand new VW car in Hawaii in 2005. Purchased warranty and unable to get car serviced because there is no authorized VW repair shop in my area. Volkswagon dealership closed down on outer island. VW will not authorize a local company to fix my car and wants me to travel over three hours away, and I would have to over night at a hotel just to be serviced. Hendron Virginia

*Consumer Comment: 22 Years Old?

I want to explain how discouraging it is to buy a car that constantly has problems and you always have to take it to the shop to get it fixed. We live on the Big Island of Hawaii. I am legally blind, do not drive but own a car of my dreams. I got married in 2005 and the VW convertible was the last car I owned in 1986 so I wanted another one to ride in. We lived in Kona, the dealership went out of business. We moved to Honolulu and the car was constantly in the shop for electrical problems. We moved outer island and live in Hilo.
There is only one car repair business in my area that will fix VW. However, Volkswagon of America states I have to go to their dealership, which no longer exists or their authorized repair location. It is over three hours away which is unreasonable. I cannot physically handle a trip like that in the car and I would be forced to overnight in a hotel just to get my car serviced. This is unacceptable.

I asked if I lived on the mainland and I traveled across the country and the car broke down, would you allow me to get it fixed locally. I was told I would have to return where I bought it. I could not get authorization to be reinbursted for the fees. Our car died on us several times and we called the roadway assistance. The first time they jumped our car, the next time it was later in the evening, they connected us to customer service which was closed and no one would help us. My husband had to go into Walmart and buy a charger to get us home. The next day the car died again and I spent over three hours on the phone trying to get serviced.

Volkswagon of America customer service would not give me the corparate office phone number and basically said they could not help me. I paid for services and extended warranty but cannot be serviced because VW is not in my area. BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU BUY A CAR. This car has caused marital problems and my husband is so feed up he just wants to sell the car. VW customer service is not FRIENDLY nor DO THEY THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX TO SOLVE CUSTOMER PROBLEMS.

Who is there right mind would buy a car, expect a warranty and when something goes wrong when they are out of the area cannot be serviced. I wish I knew how to get to the CEO of this company to give him my peace of mind. My fond memories have turned into a nightmare. VW should be ashamed of themselves and they should have the management phone number or fax published so the customer can get ahold of them if needed. I am so tired of talking in circles and getting nowhere, the odds are my husband will force me to sell the car because of the lack of professional the Volkswagon Dealership of America has performed.

Okura
Hilo, Hawaii

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2008 08:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Volkswagon-Of-America/Hendron-Virginia-20171/Volkswagon-Of-America-Purchased-brand-new-VW-car-in-Hawaii-in-2005-Purchased-warranty-and-340884. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Volkswagon Of America

22 Years Old?

AUTHOR: Bigcraig - (U.S.A.)

I think you can take your car to your local shop as the warranty on your 22 year old car may have expired by now?