installed

• Submitted: Sat, November 15, 2003
  • Updated: Sat, November 15, 2003

• Reported By:Bellingham Washington
Volkswagon
www.vwamerica.com Englewood, Colorado U.S.A.

Volkswagon Of America I bought a Volkswagon $16K money trap. What a ripoff! Englewood Colorado

I am the current owner of a 2000 Jetta GL. After multiple episodes, while shopping, on my way to work with no time to spare, picking up dinner, and many other places, I have been stranded, as I said, multiple times while my "reliable" car won't start for long periods of time. I have a young child and live in Washington state and this becomes the hugest inconvenience of my life. That's just problem number one.

About seven months ago my car began to violently surge repeatedly, when I pushed the accelerator there was no reaction, and if any a lunging uncomfortable not to mention dangerous reaction. I personally went out on a financial limb to purchase what I thought was to be an economic, safe, reliable vehicle to transport my young family in, but now find myself wishing I had gone for that 6,000.00 dollar honda instead of my 16,000.00 dollar money trap.

I too have not been sent any information on recalls or other situations I have heard about my model and year and am therefore completely dissatisfied with my purchase. It is a DANGEROUS vehicle, here I am scraping to get by and continuously getting blindsided with "surprise" costs that I truly CAN'T AFFORD.

BUYERS BEWARE. I used to love volkswagons, I am 22 and have owned three, but until they win me back, I'm ashamed to own mine.

Jacob
Bellingham, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2003 01:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Volkswagon/Englewood-Colorado-80111/Volkswagon-Of-America-I-bought-a-Volkswagon-16K-money-trap-What-a-ripoff-Englewood-Col-72021. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Volkswagon