Complaint Review: Volo Antique Malls And Collectibles

• Submitted: Tue, September 11, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, July 30, 2009

• Reported By:Des Plaines Illinois
Volo Antique Malls And Collectibles
27640 West Volo Village Rd. Volo, Illinois U.S.A.

Volo Antique Mall - Stuart Cohen - Lisa Santiago - Bill & Carolyn Grahams are all liars & criminals! Volo Illinois

*Consumer Comment: untrue claims about Volo Antique Mall and Auto Museum

*Consumer Comment: ANOTHER FALSE REPORT AGAINST A GREAT ESTABLISHMENT!

*UPDATE Employee: Disgruntled former employee makes false accusations

*UPDATE Employee: False accusations

I will lay it out here bluntly and get to the point...

I was employed with and a dealer selling at the Volo Antique Mall establishment. I was deceived constantly and saw others mislead into thinking everything was fine. Many dealers had issues with the falseness and careless attitude of the owners (Bill & Carolyn Graham, Marilyn (Carolyn's sister), Lisa Santiago and Stuart Cohen (Manager). I tried to help. I objectively mediated between the two to make things better and for both sides to see the real person or group and their good and not bad intentions. I loved, respected, trusted and wholeheartedly supported this group of people and did all I could to assist them in being successful. I was paid back with abuse, lies and being set up and falsely framed for doing bad things that I could never have done. I was also illegally kicked out as a dealer. They broke so many laws. I was discriminated against and had used against me in my false termination my attention deficit disorder. I was abused constantly in the worst ways mainly with almost ever conversation either on the phone or in person by the Office Manager (I think that's his official title), Stuart Cohen. I reported this to the Sales Manager and daughter of the owner Bill Grahams, Lisa Santiago, and she told me that he did this to everyone including her and never addressed the issue. I saw him abuse many others besides myself in the same raging and degrading manner with everyone anytime and anyplace he felt like it.

I was abused all the way out the door literally. They all pathelogically lie to the staff and dealers without any hesitation or care for any pain they might be or will cause or fear of any negative consequences from those they betray and hurt. I was put through lie detector tests that proved I was a good person and this is how they repaid me. I could go on for hours about the crap I went through both personally and professionally along with the malicious trashing of my personal and professional reputation by the staff there everyday all the way up until now but you don't have all day to read. There are many people that know better than to believe the cruel lies and abuse behind my back trashing me but those that don't know me well have now been brainwashed to not have anything to do with me which drastically affects my business (dealers won't have anything to do with me, etc.). Where is the justice in the world when defamation of character goes unpunished, businesses have no consequences for their illegal activity against their dealers and employees, etc.??? The government protects businesses with the "at will" laws yet we have to be perfect both criminally and credit wise. Who protects us from blatent lies others spread to discredit and destroy you when everyone covers everyones ass??? This "click" of criminals deserves nothing but to lose their business and the love, trust and respect of the entire world! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Thanks for listening!

A helpful warning as one friend to another...
Des Plaines, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2007 04:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Volo-Antique-Malls-And-Collectibles/Volo-Illinois-60073/Volo-Antique-Mall-Stuart-Cohen-Lisa-Santiago-Bill-Carolyn-Grahams-are-all-liars--274037. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Volo Antique Malls And Collectibles

untrue claims about Volo Antique Mall and Auto Museum

AUTHOR: queenie - ()

Prior to moving out of the state, I was a dealer/employee of Volo Antique Malls and found them to have integrity and honesty in all of their dealings with me and my customers.  I personally never had a complaint with any of the individuals named and neither did any of my clients/customers.  They are a fair organisation and if issues did arise (as often in business they do), I never once found them to be aribitrary or hard to get along with - they always wanted a resolution that was equitable to all.

I had personal experience with the individual making the complaint and it's my opinion that the only true comments she made were those having to do with her mental illness.

ANOTHER FALSE REPORT AGAINST A GREAT ESTABLISHMENT!

AUTHOR: Deebee - (U.S.A.)

HI; I SAY ANOTHER BECAUSE THIS SAME TYPE OF REPORT WAS FILED AGAINST "PACE AUCTIONS" IN DESPLAINS, IL. IT HAS NO FACT IN REALITY.(TOTAL FABRICATION). MY FAMILY VISITS THE VOLO MALL WITH REGULARITY, BECAUSE TO BE HONEST, IT'S BECOMING THE "ONLY GAME IN TOWN". MALLS LIKE THIS ARE BECOMING EXTINCT. WE LOVE THE VOLO ANTIQUE MALL IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE VOLO AUTO MALL. I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT WE WOULD DO WITHOUT IT?? THE VOLO ANTIQUE MALL IS A SUPER PLACE TO VISIT AND THERE IS "NO ADMISSION"! MR. AND MRS. DONALD BROWN, WHEATON, IL.

Disgruntled former employee makes false accusations

AUTHOR: Stuart Cohen - (U.S.A.)

I am Stuart Cohen, one of the people referenced in Ripoff Report: #274037. I am absolutely blown away that a disgruntled employee, justly and deservedly terminated by the Volo Antique Malls, could write such a deceptive, misleading and completely false report. The very fact SHE, we know who she is, left her name out of the report says a lot. It's easy to make false accusation and flat out lie when you can hide under the disguise of a coward.

I have been the Office Manager for the Volo Antique Malls since November 1998, nearly 10 years now. Prior to that, I was a manager of one of the malls for a year. I take very serious issues to the lies this disgruntled employee has made against me. It's obvious that as a manager here for 11 years; my reputation, my work ethic and the way I treat people and employees specifically have not been an issue. Anything less and this family owned business would have justly terminated me as this disgruntled employee was.

I also take issue with the lies this disgruntled employee has made against the Volo Antique Malls, Lisa Santiago, Bill Grams and Carolyn Grams. All individuals repsected by hundreds of current and former dealers of the Volo Antique Malls. I'll also add the Grams family has been in business here in Volo Illinois for some 45 years now.

We could also produce numerous dealers and co-workers who have had direct interation and conflict with this disgruntled employee and can testify to the numerous and continuing problems that existed with this disgruntled employee and the issues with her employment and role as a mall dealer here.

Not only has this disgruntled employee wrote a story full of lies, she has defamed the character and reputations of several people all of which she's done under the disguise of a coward. She's a disgruntled employee, justly and deservedly terminated, and a COWARD!

Stuart Cohen
Office Manager - Volo Antique Malls

False accusations

AUTHOR: Lisa Santiago - (U.S.A.)

I know the employee this is regarding. She first became a dealer renting our more lower priced showcases for $50 a month. Our mall is based on renting specific spaces in which dealers can sell their product. We hired this person because she had a nice personality but let her go based on 3 documented write ups regarding her pushing her limits between being a dealer and a cashier.

In our hand book dealers are only to sell from their designated area and multiple times we saw her selling from our very counter! She would just "leave"her items sprawled out all over the counter and explain she was "working" on pricing them--also bothering antique dealers that had been in the business longer to help her price her items! The counter is a neutral zone and she on multiple times pushed that limit.

It was reserved for our customers--whom always come first--not our cashiers trying to make a fast buck.

She was also late multiple times, had her unpriced items in our break room that was NOT for her to use and yes she like ALL of our cashiers at the request of the police went in for a lie detector test and passed. We had minor theft under investigation and when it comes to the protection of selling others merchandise AND at the request of the police--we had all cashiers at that time questioned for all dealers safety. She was NOT let go due to her disorder--my husband has the same disorder. My family has a wonderful reputation right now with over 400 dealers that we are leasing to now and more than that from the past.

One bad apple is not spoiling our other great complements we have received since we have been in business since 1963. We are active participants in the antique community and pride ourself on excellent customer service. This person was too self absorbed to offer the best to our customer besides being late. Everything is documented and she had 3 notifications--warnings to stop what she was doing. We did not falsely represent ourselves at all--we were direct and gave her plenty of chances to redeem herself with warning after warning in writing. I was shocked to see this listed and had know idea until almost a year later! My family and I work hard in the pride of our business and were shocked to see such falsehoods! Lisa Santiago