Museum

• Updated: Wed, March 31, 2010

• Reported By: Tina — Seminole Virginia United States of America
Volt Marketing Inc
598 Westwood St. Hamilton, Ontario United States of America

Volt Marketing Inc Consumer Rewards Program Lottery Recvd letter stating i won $8,000.00 & sent me a check for $998.78 to cash, telling me i won Cosumer Rewards Lottery Hamilton, Ontario

I received a letter telling me FINAL NOTICE, that i have won $8,000.00 from Consumer Rewards Program Lottery & they sent me a check for $998.78 to cash so that it helps with paying taxes and processing fee.  The Letter is signed by Brian Mayers, Promotion Manager, & tells me to contact Claims Agent Rita Hayes at 1-905-781-6557.

I did call to find out if this was legit & I soon figured out that its not...I asked her how did I win, she said they pull random drawings from a consumer list from places that I frequently shop with like Walmart & other places like that. I asked her to provide me the company that I won this from & she said she can't because its a random drawing. I asked who can I speak to in order to find out if this is valid or a scam & she said "well, I wouldn't be working here if it was a scam". So I then asked to speak to her supervisor so I can get more claification & she told me to call after 12:30 because she was in a meeting & her name was Anita Reid.

After searching for Consumer Rewards Program on internet I found lots of links saying scam, although they were from other companies claiming you won award from the Consumer Rewards Program Lottery. When I did a search for Volt Marketing Inc, one website seems legit but it had nothing to do with Consumer Rewards Lottery.

On the check there is no Bank name, but it seems very real & very scary. It has multiple watermarkings & 2 signatures.

These scams MUST be stopped.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2010 09:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Volt-Marketing-Inc/Hamilton-Ontario-L8V-5J8/Volt-Marketing-Inc-Consumer-Rewards-Program-Lottery-Recvd-letter-stating-i-won-800000--587799. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Volt Marketing Inc