Complaint Review: Von Fenja

• Updated: Tue, June 03, 2014

• Reported By: AllenF — Osceola Indiana
Von Fenja
1 Park Center St Pana, Illinois USA

Von Fenja Zwinger Von Fenja Harley McCombe Christine McCombe Beware of Breeder German Shepherd Puppy Scam Pana Illinois

I found Von Fenja online while searching for a German Shepherd puppy.  They put on a big show about how these dogs are top notch.  The price of the pup I selected was $1,500.00.  The breeder knew I was buying the dog to breed and insured me that this dog would be perfect for breeding and would have very desireable pups.  Harley also offered to help me locate someone that has a good dog to breed with when the time comes.  At my first visit to the vet the veterinarian explains that the dogs testicles have not descended and this dog was not fit for breeding.  I asked if they would still drop and he explained that they would not.  I spoke with Harley about this and he assured me that it was normal and that he was sure the testicles had dropped but may have went back up but would soon descend again and if they didn't he would replace the dog and allow me to keep the one I had bonded with.  This drug on for a while as Harley kept assuring me all was fine or he would make good on it.  Harley said to provide docomentation from the Vet of the dogs condition.  I made an appointment and I sent him the doctors report confirming what he had known since the day he sold me the dog.  He asked what I wanted him to do to make it right and I reminded him of his earlier promises.  He said he would be willing to give me $500 and that was it.  I wasn't happy since this wasn't what he had told me during all his promises and excuses over the phone.  An AKC German Shepherd can easily be bought with breeding rights for $500.00 and the fact that my dog had a defect that prevented him from breeding but I agreed to accept the $500.00.  He said to send a paypal request to his wife and they would take care of it.  Just like when I sent the documentation they couldn't find it.  Then they did.  Then they were sending.  Then months go by.  Oh we are having money problems but we will still send.  No money was ever sent.  I paid $1,500.00 plus the cost of fixing my dog due to the health issue he was sold to me with.  I still have no dog to breed, no money returned and I have been scammed by Harley and Christine McCombe of Von Fenja in Pana, IL.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2014 11:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Von-Fenja/Pana-Illinois-62557/Von-Fenja-Zwinger-Von-Fenja-Harley-McCombe-Christine-McCombe-Beware-of-Breeder-German-She-1151810. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Von Fenja