Being that I had purchased a female GSD from this breeder a year prior, for the purposes of integrating new bloodlines into my line, I went on his website to see if he had anything to my liking. I came across a picture of a female GSD by the name of Natalee. I also liked the looks of another female GSD featured on the website. I decided to call Mr. Henkel and inform him that I was interested in one of the two dogs featured. Advising him that I wanted a breeding quality female. He immediately steered my away from the other female, saying she would not be what I was looking for and proceeded to beef up the sales pitch for "Natalee". He indicated that since I was a previous buyer, he would let me have her for $3,000.00. He agreed to accept payments while the dog was kept at his facility in Connecticut. Toward the end of February 2010, Mr. Henkel contacted me and asked when I wanted the dog. I told him I needed to make arrangements for flying to Connecticut and then renting a vehicle to come back home. Many emails were sent advising Mr. Henkel of my intentions of just flying to Connecticut, picking the dog up, and driving home. Although, that entire process would cost a lot of money, Mr. Henkel insisted that he just fly her in a crate, and save me a lot of money. For many reasons, I agreed to have him fly her. MY BIGGEST MISTAKE! Natalee was shipped on March 16, 2010. Upon arrival at the airport, we thought it best to leave her in the crate until she was brought home. She seemed well adjusted to her flight and being that we did not want to take her out of her crate at the airport, for fear of her bolting. We drove directly home. We arrived home at about 11:30 p.m., brought her in to our facility and let her out of the crate to do her business and stretch her legs a little. I thought she looked a little thin, but figured she would do well on our feeding program. Not actually knowing the history of the kennel she came from, she was not immediately introduced to the other GSD's at my facility. A quarantine is a good idea for new arrivals. And she was probably tired and a little rattled from the flight and car ride home. She was settled for the night, given food and water and we went home. The next morning, eager to make friends with the new addition to my breeding program, I let Natalee out of her temporary crate and let her have the run of our indoor arena. She was shy and passive. But I dismissed that to her not knowing where she was and who were her friends. I threw a ball, which she ignored. She did however, take express interest in one of the cats at the facility. She ran off toward the cat. I noticed as she moved away at movement that was not completely fluid. She was not on solid flooring, and that should not have anything to do with her movement. I called an employee over to watch her move. I called my son to watch her move. I was concerned that she may have had an injury from the flight. I then called my veterinarian to check her out. His findings were what I had assumed. Severe cow hocks. And he advised that the dog not be used for breeding. I then contacted Mr. Henkel. Who claimed that "My veterinarian's evaluation was of no consequence to him." "That the dog had been evaluated by an SV judge and rated Very Promising". "That the judge's decision will overshadow any veterinarian's evaluation." I told him I did not care. I wanted to return her, and to be refunded. He said "He does not refund money." "That he would offer me a different dog, at a little higher price." That little higher price was $2,000.00 more than I had already paid. Mr. Henkel still retains his "no refund" position, and that "The truth will come out in the end." The truth is that I was sold a poor quality dog, and simply want to return her for a refund. She is, of course, being well cared for. It is not her fault. But, she will remain here until this matter is resolved.