• Report: #204376

• Reported By:edmonton Alberta
Vonage Canada
vonage.ca Internet U.S.A.

Vonage Canada ripoff misrepresentation of service fraudulent billing Internet

*Author of original report: vonage takes it deep

*Author of original report: vonage canada

i started service with vonage on april 26/06. i soon found out that i could not dial any of the "800" numbers i needed to call for banking, etc. they never informed me that this would be an issue when i signed up.

i tried to cancel on may 11/06 but they convinced me that they would be resolving these issues within a couple of months. at that time they made a note on my file to the effect that i would not be charged a cancellation fee should i cancel my account due to their inability to deal with this problem within the two months.

in the meantime i noticed that sometimes people calling my phone number would be told by a message that the number was not in service. i complained to vonage but they never did resolve the issue or even provide me with an explanation as to the cause.

i was also unable to access my account online as they had advertised due to the fact that they were also "having issues with that".

i finally cancelled my account on july 26/06. they did not charge me the cancellation fee, but did charge me $158 for a device recovery fee. apparently i cancelled my account prior to 90 days from date of activation even though they billed me for a full 3 months of service.

in summation, these rip-off artists misrepresent the abilities of their inferior service, then sweet talk customers into staying long enough to get ripped off on the device recovery fee.

Stefan
Edmonton, Alberta
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2006 12:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vonage-Canada/internet/Vonage-Canada-ripoff-misrepresentation-of-service-fraudulent-billing-Internet-204376. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vonage Canada

vonage takes it deep

AUTHOR: hadrian - (Canada)

we contacted our credit card company and executed a reversal of payment and never heard from vonage again. good riddance to these scammers.

vonage canada

AUTHOR: hadrian - (Canada)

i contacted my credit company and informed them that vonage had charged me for a service which i had not received, ie the 1800 numbers i could not call and the fact that my number was "out of service" to callers, and also of the fact that i had never authorized any "device recovery fee". i also explained to them that vonage was unable to present any document with my signature on it, since they had perpetrated their rip off over the phone. the credit card company then reversed the charge on my account and vonage got the shaft for a change. then i gloated. whose your daddy now vonage?!