Complaint Review: Vonage, Inc

• Submitted: Sat, June 13, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, June 14, 2009

• Reported By:Newburgh New York
Vonage, Inc
23 Main Street Holmdel, New Jersey U.S.A.

Vonage, Inc Vonage is liars and thieves Holmdel New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: Comment

I placed an order for Vonage to use as my home telephone on 3/9/09 and made sure that I asked all the right questions. All I received was lies from this company. I cancelled it only after a few days when my alarm went off because I did not have a landline. I found out that my alarm system would not work with their system which their company salesperson stated that it would. When I called to cancel the service which at that time I told the salesperson that my alarm would not work with their system and they tole me that it would, which I did not even have for a month i was told that my money would be credited back to my account 3-5 business days after they received the merchandise bac, I was also to get a tracking receipt as proof that I had sent the merchandise back, which I did and after I sent the item back to them I called them and they confirmed that they had received their item back that the I would get a credit.

It is now June 13 and based on the lies that they told Discovercard, I will not be receiving any refund. Vontage basically told Discover that I was not entitled to a refund as they were taking my whole $68.77 and using it as a cancellation charge. Vonage sucks and so does Discovercard. I have cancelled my discover card because what is the purpose of having a fraud department if you allow Vonage or any other company to steal from your customer. I guess I am lucky in the sense that Vonage and discover only STOLE $68.77. I am sure that they have stole far more from other customers.

Mary
Newburgh, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2009 11:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vonage-Inc/Holmdel-New-Jersey-07733/Vonage-Inc-Vonage-is-liars-and-thieves-Holmdel-New-Jersey-461388. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vonage, Inc

AUTHOR: Realitysucks - (U.S.A.)

I am sure the contract you signed stated that if you cancel you have to pay an early termination fee. Learn to read what you agree to and you wont feel ripped off.

Vonage will work with your alarm company if its hooked up right, its a simple phone line, you need to set it up right. Sounds like it was set up improperly