Complaint Review: Vonage - The Broadband Phone Company

• Submitted: Fri, May 14, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, May 14, 2010

• Reported By: Jamin — Sherman Oaks California U.S.A.
Vonage - The Broadband Phone Company

Vonage - - The Broadband Phone Company Snake in the grass, scamming phone company, Internet

When I originally signed up with the company I was told one thing and received another. I signed up for a phone account that was supposed to only be $14.99 monthly. I was told the contract was only for 12 months and I could cancel at any time after that with no charge. From the second month and every month after that my monthly charges went up every single month for 22 months till I canceled. By the time I canceled my account I was at charges over $26.00. When I called to cancel my account they told me there was a cancellation charge of $39.99. I explained to them my contract was only for 12 months and I had far exceeded that. I talked to a supervisor after being on hold for a very long time and he did nothing to help the situation and spoke like a robot telling me that was the contract and if one of the reps told me less they were wrong. He obviously deals with the same problems constantly since they continually practice lying to their customers.

DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THEM, THEY WILL SCAM YOU TOO!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2010 03:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vonage-The-Broadband-Phone-Company/internet/Vonage-The-Broadband-Phone-Company-Snake-in-the-grass-scamming-phone-company-Inter-603461. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vonage - The Broadband Phone Company