Complaint Review: Vonage - - The Broadband Phone Company

• Updated: Sun, September 06, 2009

• Reported By: Greg — San Jose California USA
Vonage - - The Broadband Phone Company
www.vonage.com Internet United States of America

Vonage - - The Broadband Phone Company Vonage Holdings Awful service, outrageous termination fee! Internet

After having Vonage for almost a year, I got fed up with the constant hang ups, bad audio quality, and the cheap "adapter" they give you.  I compared this to (((redacted))) and (((redacted)))never had any problems.  My internet service was otherwise without any problem.

I called to cancel Vonage service and told them it was becuase of the poor quality of the service.  Then they hit me with an "early termination fee" becuase I had not fulfilled my contract.  This is not made clear when you sign up on the website.  I explained that I could not even use the service becuase it was very unreliable and they should not charge the fee becuase I was paying for service I could not even use.  No luck.  I spoke to a manger and supervisor who repeated this line exactly.  They said I would have to do extensive troubleshooting with tech support who was only available during business hours, or I would have to actually pay to have someone come to my house and "rewire" it to make it work.

I highly reccomend you avoid Vonage as their customer service and tech support are absolutely awful.  I had many lost calls, dropped calls, and very poor call quality when it worked.  (((competitor's names redacted))) applications worked fine on my connection.  They were unwilling to waive the "terminiation" fee and would not accept me shipping the "adpater" back to them to waive the fee.

I reccomend using another VOIP service like (((competitor's names redacted))). Vonage cannot deliver the goods and you will pay $39 for the privelage to stop your service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2009 04:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vonage-The-Broadband-Phone-Company/internet/Vonage-The-Broadband-Phone-Company-Vonage-Holdings-Awful-service-outrageous-terminat-491051. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vonage - - The Broadband Phone Company