Complaint Review: Vonage

• Submitted: Sat, July 11, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 29, 2009

• Reported By:Dallas Texas
Vonage
1000 Windham Parkway Bolingbrook, Illinois U.S.A.

Vonage Vonage disconnected my telephone 6 days before installing their Adapter and won't surrender it back for another 10 days. Bolingbrook Illinois

*Consumer Comment: my bank has detected fraudsters copying my bank details

I took advantage of their special which included free equipment and free installation. I requested to maintain the same phone number. I subscribed to their service 10 days ago. They disconnected my landline with AT&T 6 days before the installation date. I was without telephone. I complained. I was told to get a temporary number from AT&T. I refused. I called AT&T and asked them to get my number back from Vonage. They tried and were told that the requested number won't be released back to AT&T for anothr 10 days. That is a total of 16 days without a telephone at my home. What a ripoff !!!

Al
Dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2009 10:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vonage/Bolingbrook-Illinois-60490/Vonage-Vonage-disconnected-my-telephone-6-days-before-installing-their-Adapter-and-wont-s-468582. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vonage

my bank has detected fraudsters copying my bank details

AUTHOR: Kayt - (United Kingdom)

yup (I thank God for always protecting me from this sort of things) He had used my bank HSBC to detect this. On the day I have given my bank details to Vonage over the phone to finalise the transaction my bank (fraud department) called me up saying they have closed my credit card account and the transaction with vonage will not go through. Their team have detected fraudsters copying my bank details so they immediately closed my credit account. I have told Vonage, since they called me again to ask about my pending transaction with them, that I cannot proceed with the transactions anymore because my card had been declined and they suggested to use my husband's card nstead (which i found a bit strange) i don't think it was proper for them to suggest that. They are so keen for us to buy their product. I think we will change our home phone number so that they and all marketing people stop pestering us.

you all take care