liquid

Vonage
Edison, New Jersey United States of America

Vonage Lies, Cheats, and Steals! Edison, New Jersey

*Author of original report: Issue Resolved

Beware if you cancel! My fiancee set up Vonage advising them in September 2012 that we may possibly be moving out of country at the end of May so we absolutely cannot agree to any promotions that require a contract signing. We were assured this was month to month.We recently signed up for using Skype on our cellphones so decided to give up the landline. When we called to cancel the rep said we need to pay an $80 something cancellation fee. My fiancee wisely asked to speak to a manager but unfortunately the manager was also of no help. They said that regardless of what the rep said who signed us up, we agreed to (in an email) that we were signing a contract. I've located the emails from when we signed up and there is nothing stating that there is a contract. I've demanded that they pull the call recording and send it to me as evidence as to what was said.I will do everything in my power to let everyone know how horrible Vonage is. The complaints on here are proof in the pudding.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2013 07:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vonage/Edison-New-Jersey-/Vonage-Lies-Cheats-and-Steals-Edison-New-Jersey-1014536. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vonage

Issue Resolved

AUTHOR: Tony - (United States of America)

We posted a message on the facebook face and an employee named "Jennifer" escalated it to someone higher up who initially told us in order to review the recordings of the initial sale we would need a judge to sign a court order. We refused and insisted they listen to it themselves to verify. They relented and disregarded the cancellation fee.Always push for someone higher up, have your ducks in a row when you contact them or any company for that matter. I'm happy with the end result. The service itself was never bad so there is or never was an issue with the product.