Complaint Review: Vonage

• Submitted: Thu, June 18, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, June 18, 2009

• Reported By:Henderson Nevada
Vonage
2147 Rte 27 Edison, New Jersey U.S.A.

Vonage Service never initiated, but vonage sent non-existant account to collection with no notice. Edison New Jersey

In December 2008 I called to set up an account with Vonage, but cancelled within two days (before service was initiated) when I learned they could not provide high speed internet. They gave me a huge run around, everyone claiming they did not have the authority to cancel, and attempted get me to pay a cancellation fee. Again service was never initiated, and I never gave them permission to be my carrier.

I heard nothing from them from December until this week (June 18 2009) No bills, no calls, nothing.

I just got a collection notice, from RMS Atlanta GA claiming Vonage has turned over the "account" for collection ($201.88). Ridiculous! I am requesting that they send me copies of everything, and will take the matter to the Public Utilities Commission.

Don't deal with Vonage, and tell all your friends and family not to deal with these idiots. They should not be permitted to remain in business.

Pedley
Henderson, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2009 06:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vonage/Edison-New-Jersey/Vonage-Service-never-initiated-but-vonage-sent-non-existant-account-to-collection-with-no-462767. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vonage