Complaint Review: Vonage

• Updated: Thu, August 20, 2009

• Reported By: anon — Benton Maine USA
Vonage
23 Main Street Holmdel, New Jersey United States of America

Vonage charged when inactive overcharged ripped off vonage phone service wrongfully charged Benton, Maine

My debit card information changed due to online fraud forcing me to get a new one. I forgot to update it with Vonage. I was on recurring automatic billing with them.

When they finally took my ability to use my phone away, they continued to charge me a monthly fee for phone service even though I couldn't use my phone! When I addressed this problem to them, they wouldn't do anything about it!

Needless to say I was irritated with them at this point, so I elected to stop service with them all together. Then they found some loop hole to charge me the disconnection fee even though I had been a member for almost 2 years and at the time I signed up, you only needed one active year to avoid disconnection fees!

Go with your local ISP for VOIP phone service. Chances are the prices are the same and they won't charge you for a service they aren't providing to you!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2009 09:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vonage/Holmdel-New-Jersey-/Vonage-charged-when-inactive-overcharged-ripped-off-vonage-phone-service-wrongfully-charg-483235. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vonage