Complaint Review: Vonage

• Submitted: Mon, June 01, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, June 01, 2009

• Reported By:Washington District of Columbia
Vonage
23 Main Street Holmdel, New Jersey U.S.A.

Vonage Makes it impossible to cancel account, claims "system down" or "system upgrading" Holmdel New Jersey

The first time I called Vonage to cancel my service, I was told that the "system was down" and that my account couldn't be accessed. This seemed strange to me because the customer service representative had asked me for my account information and my verification code before telling me that the system was down. After I gave her that information and her system confirmed it to be correct, I told her that I wanted to cancel the account. At that point she told me that the system was down and to call back later.

The second time that I called Vonage to cancel my service, I was told that an account manager was not available to cancel my service and that I would have to call back Monday.

The third time that I called Vonage to to cancel my service, I was told by the first representative that the "system was upgrading." This seemed even stranger because just like the first time, the representative had asked me for my account information and my verification code before telling me that the system was down. After that information was confirmed by the system, I was told that the system was down while being upgraded. Wow.

I asked for a supervisor. Same story. I asked for somebody higher up. When I told that person that I wasn't going to call back but contest the credit card charge because I had attempted three times to cancel the service, he told me that the system was back up. Unbelievable.

After reading the posts about Vonage and after my experience, I am convinced that they should be investigated.

L. Angry
Washington, District of Columbia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2009 07:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vonage/Holmdel-New-Jersey-07733/Vonage-Makes-it-impossible-to-cancel-account-claims-system-down-or-system-upgrading-H-457519. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vonage