Complaint Review: Vonage

• Submitted: Thu, May 17, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, May 17, 2012

• Reported By: James — Mahopac New York U.S.A.
Vonage
23 County Road 520 Holmdel, New Jersey United States of America

Vonage Never cancelled service, found out three years later Holmdel, New Jersey

*General Comment: I went thru the same thing.

I was a Vonage customer in 2009. After finding no need for a home phone anymore, I called to cancel my service. Having heard nothing from Vonage for the last three years I had forgotten about it and assumed the matter had long been finished. Today, three years later, I received a letter from a collection agency, claiming that I owe Vonage $99.67 for unpaid services.

I contacted the agency and was told to call Vonage. Once I contacted Vonage I was informed that they had never honored my request to cancel my service. I asked them why I had never been informed of their claims or that my account was even still active. They claimed that they called (the number that I assumed was disconnected and was no longer using), and e-mailed (an old e-mail address that I no longer used but hadn't updated as again, I thought my Vonage account was closed).

I further questioned why, seeing as they had my name and address, they never sent me anything in the mail with their claims. Their only response was, "...we don't do that..." After filing a report with the Better Business Bureau and the FCC, I began searching the internet, and apparently Vonage is known for not honoring customer's requests to cancel services. Vonage's business practices have to be some of the most bizarre I've ever seen.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2012 12:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vonage/Holmdel-New-Jersey-07733/Vonage-Never-cancelled-service-found-out-three-years-later-Holmdel-New-Jersey-884171. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vonage

#1 General Comment

I went thru the same thing.

AUTHOR: MartyMarsh - (United States of America)

But it was only a couple of months.They kept taking payments off my card so I just canceled my card.Then they tried to tell me I never canceled so I resent all the emails that I had sent to cancel and they have been trying to get me back ever since.

It's just another game,they ignore you and think your going to stay with there rotten service.

Best of luck and God Bless.

Marty