Complaint Review: Vonage

• Submitted: Mon, May 04, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, May 04, 2009

• Reported By:new york New York
Vonage
www.vonage.com Holmdel, New Jersey U.S.A.

Vonage A complete scam - DO NOT USE VONAGE Holmdel New Jersey

Yet another customer screwed by Vonage, do yourself a favor and do not use the service. We switched to Vongage in June of 2008 and for 10 months we had horrible phone service-static, angry callers as they could not hear us, I can't tell you how much harm it did to my business. They of course used every excuse in the book, that is was the cable companies service, that we needed to set up the box in a different way, etc etc.

We finally switched back to Verizon (had to pay them $40 to send a technician out) and were charged $70 for the Vonage box and $39.99 for the disconnect fee. Disconnect for what! For a service that has never worked and cost me time and money. I wasted an hour on the phone with their customer service drones who only could repeat what they had in the book in front of them. They could care less about customer satisfaction or their reputation, it's great, now I have a mission to tell everyone I know and encounter what shit Vonage is.

Almost a year paying for bad service and then a disconnect fee totaling $120 at the end. Oh, and they tried to charge me for an extra month of service. Today when I called to ask them for the $120 back the first represenative said she saw I called 6 times since I established the service (actually I think this could be right) but then the next said I called twice and the next from Executive Response said I called ONCE to complain, that there was no complaint history until just over a month ago.

Out of all the horrible phone companies out there they have got to be the worst, DO NOT USE THEM. And shame on all those losers who work for the company, supporting their business.

Alisa
new york, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2009 11:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vonage/Holmdel-New-Jersey/Vonage-A-complete-scam-DO-NOT-USE-VONAGE-Holmdel-New-Jersey-448637. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vonage