Complaint Review: Vonage

• Reported By: mj — Potomac Falls Virginia United States of America
Vonage

Vonage Cancel! Cancel!! Cancel!!! Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: BBB and Vonage

Oct 09, 2010, I contacted vonage regarding service.  I was told my phone number could be transferred to vonage, so I gave my credit card information and set up an account.  The same day, I was told my number could not be transferred to a vonage account so I asked them not to open an account for me.  I was told it would take a few days, but the account would be closed.  Dec 09, 2010 I saw they were still charging my account, so I again cancelled the account and asked for a refund of the charges to my account.  They said they would cancel the account but could not refund the charges.  Jan 11, 2011 I contacted them again because my account was charged on Jan 09, 2011.  I again cancelled this account and asked for a refund, they cancelled my account but refused to issue a refund.  I cancelled the credit card they were using to charge my account to ensure they could not charge my account again.  On Feb 13, 2011, they managed to charge my account again.  Today I contacted my bank to report these fraud charges, and vonage to find out why they charged my account.  I was informed my account was still active, so again, I went through the cancellation process with vonage.  Lets see how many times it takes to cancel.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2011 08:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vonage/internet/Vonage-Cancel-Cancel-Cancel-Internet-695167. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vonage

#1 Consumer Suggestion

BBB and Vonage

AUTHOR: Cj - (U.S.A.)

Recently it has become apparent that Vonage will NEVER let you cancel. Jeez. I had the same problem and had to file a Better Business Bureau complaint in their state of licensure. Also a class action is currently happening for victims who have already lost money to this company. Good luck to everyone who has been ripped off and complained. Can you imagine how many have just paid the bogus charges? Furthermore, Vonage put us into a *contract* when we went to cancel that we never had with them! Vonage: What a scam. Literally stealing people's money. Must be going belly up and desperate for every penny they can steal. Vonage is a no-go. EVER.