- Report: #1036110
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Vonage
VonageMain Street. Holmdale, NJ Internet United States of America
Vonage False Billing, Change of Account without Consent, Horrible Customer Service, Billing without a BILL , Internet
You call up, you talk to a foreigner that is polite but unhelpful. I would get frustrated with them because she sees what number I'm calling on, the number is the account number and she sees that it is MY name and address and she sees that there is no PIN number. So because I have no PIN # to give her, she will NOT give you information.
Now 5 years ago, they somehow 'cancelled my account' in their words, but kept the phone service going and kept the billing the same. In their words 'you changed your service' and in my words I CHANGED NOTHING! You just doubled your bills! I would call in and ask 'Why so much?' Because they don't send you a bill, you can see it on your AMEX how much they charged you but that is already 45 days later. When you finally look at it, they say they advertised 9.99 and 14.99, but they really charge you 35. When your bill comes $137 you get so frustrated; you finally get a chance and look at your bill to realize that they are LIARS AND CROOKS!!! You bring it to their attention and they try to convince me that I "cancelled my policy" (NEVER HAPPENED!!!) and that I took a plan to pay them MORE money for LESS service. So why am I with Vonage? I should stay with Verizon, at least they have customer service and send a bill!!! At least they ask you for the money and NOT TAKE IT like VONAGE!
Here are some facts:
- I joined in 2005 as a backup phone line gave them an AMEX number
- I never changed the AMEX number; in 2011 they are still charging the AMEX number but say I opened a new account.
- If I opened a new account, why are they still using the OLD AMEX information?!!!
Reasons why this makes no sense:
- If I cancelled, why would I come back to pay more money?
- If I saw they were charging me $0.06 for a busy signal why would I not say something?
- Why are they still charging my original AMEX number if I closed my account [as per them]?
- Why would I start on PREMIUM UNLIMITED PLAN, but shift to LOCAL US & CANADA ONLY?
- Why this makes no sense? I SAY they 'cancelled' my lines and reinstated me to show increase in NEW sales and to increase my billing to INCREASE THEIR PROFITS!!!!! CAN ANYBODY SAY FRAUD?!
STAY AWAY FROM VONAGE!!
TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!
& THEY DON'T HAVE A COMPLAINT DEPARTMENT!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2013 12:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vonage/internet/Vonage-False-Billing-Change-of-Account-without-Consent-Horrible-Customer-Service-Billi-1036110. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.