Vonage has a lack of customer service and lack of open information!! They set you up to fail and do NOT explain to you all the information. When you call in the 2nd time, they go 'What is your PIN?' but you never set up a PIN because that is online, then they go 'What is your credit card info?' so if you're a normal person that changes his credit card information every 6 months and does not remember the old one they don't want to talk to you but they WILL BILL YOU STILL! You ask 'Why is my bill 10x compared to what you advertise?' 'Why did you deduct $110 from my account?' 'Where is my bill?' They respond 'Online sir, we sent you an email, didn't we?' So 8 years later, I finally got fed up and realized what they were doing. They have been OVERCHARGING me, they have TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.
You call up, you talk to a foreigner that is polite but unhelpful. I would get frustrated with them because she sees what number I'm calling on, the number is the account number and she sees that it is MY name and address and she sees that there is no PIN number. So because I have no PIN # to give her, she will NOT give you information.
Now 5 years ago, they somehow 'cancelled my account' in their words, but kept the phone service going and kept the billing the same. In their words 'you changed your service' and in my words I CHANGED NOTHING! You just doubled your bills! I would call in and ask 'Why so much?' Because they don't send you a bill, you can see it on your AMEX how much they charged you but that is already 45 days later. When you finally look at it, they say they advertised 9.99 and 14.99, but they really charge you 35. When your bill comes $137 you get so frustrated; you finally get a chance and look at your bill to realize that they are LIARS AND CROOKS!!! You bring it to their attention and they try to convince me that I "cancelled my policy" (NEVER HAPPENED!!!) and that I took a plan to pay them MORE money for LESS service. So why am I with Vonage? I should stay with Verizon, at least they have customer service and send a bill!!! At least they ask you for the money and NOT TAKE IT like VONAGE!
Here are some facts:
- I joined in 2005 as a backup phone line gave them an AMEX number
- I never changed the AMEX number; in 2011 they are still charging the AMEX number but say I opened a new account.
- If I opened a new account, why are they still using the OLD AMEX information?!!!
Reasons why this makes no sense:
- If I cancelled, why would I come back to pay more money?
- If I saw they were charging me $0.06 for a busy signal why would I not say something?
- Why are they still charging my original AMEX number if I closed my account [as per them]?
- Why would I start on PREMIUM UNLIMITED PLAN, but shift to LOCAL US & CANADA ONLY?
- Why this makes no sense? I SAY they 'cancelled' my lines and reinstated me to show increase in NEW sales and to increase my billing to INCREASE THEIR PROFITS!!!!! CAN ANYBODY SAY FRAUD?!
STAY AWAY FROM VONAGE!!
TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!
& THEY DON'T HAVE A COMPLAINT DEPARTMENT!