Complaint Review: Vonage

• Submitted: Thu, March 28, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, March 28, 2013

• Reported By: katiebegood — Corvallis Oregon

Vonage Fee Scam Internet

I signed up for a $9.99 Vonage account in June of last year.  The first charge was $16.28, meaning they tack on $6.29 in taxes and fees which is a ridiculous amount on a $9.99 billing.  Anyway, shortly thereafter (2 months) they tacked on another $1.00 in fees.  Then this month they tacked on another $3.00 in fees.  Today my bill is $20.62.  They are now charging me more in taxes and fees than I am paying for the service!  When I signed up with them, no one told me that they could arbitrarily tack on fees whenever they wanted to.

I called today (after taking over 5 minutes trying to find a phone number, it's buried very deep) and talked to a representative who was singularly unhelpful.  Then he transferred me to "Account Services".  When the representative there figured out that I was angry, she hung up on me!  The first representative told me that I would be charged an "early cancellation fee" if I cancel my account now.

Don't sign up for a Vonage account unless you are willing to allow them to tack on new fees whenever they want.

I will soon be putting up a website called vonagescam.com.  I think the world needs to know what scammers these people are.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2013 12:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vonage/internet/Vonage-Fee-Scam-Internet-1038829. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vonage