Complaint Review: Vonage

• Updated: Sun, January 27, 2013

• Reported By: Bal — Seatac Washington United States of America
Vonage
Edison, NJ Internet United States of America

Vonage I had signed up with the company in December 2011 for an international calling plan that included Cambodia, unlimited calls for roughly $59.99 plus tax equal to $75.00 per month, Internet

I had signed up with the company in December 2011 for an international calling plan that included Cambodia, unlimited calls for roughly $59.99 plus tax equal to $75.00 per month. I primarily call to Cambodia. About 3 weeks ago I deposited some checks, enough to cover my February rent. I became suspicious of the account activities when I was told by the bank teller my was account was in negative balance.

Bank teller printed account, looked over it and had 4 withdrawals made by Vonage in the last 3 weeks,amount of $522.50. Called up Vonage today and found out through their technical level 2 support guy that Vonage had changed my plan without me being informed. They said an email was sent, but I never received it. They did not call or text to let me know either.

Today, I found out all of these things were done without my permission and without notification.  Called and requested all of $522.50 be refunded yesterday 1/26/2013 and they said they were working their manager and would called back in one hour. Now its Sunday 1/27/2013, no one from Vonage called. What they had done was fraudulent.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2013 11:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vonage/internet/Vonage-I-had-signed-up-with-the-company-in-December-2011-for-an-international-calling-pla-1004560. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vonage