Complaint Review: Vonage

• Submitted: Mon, November 22, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, March 06, 2011

• Reported By: Tom — Grapevine Texas United States of America
Vonage

Vonage Very difficult to unsubscribe after numerous unsucessful attempts to resolve line quality issue, Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: BBB

*Consumer Comment: Identical problem with Vonage

Was previously a customer of Verizon Voicewing, but that product was pulled from my area.  It worked great.

I turned to Vonage in March of 2009.  Customer service was and always has been very pleasant.  Parts arrived as promised.

Line quality is poor.  Fax machine will not even recognize a remote fax machine.  Voice calls break up every 5-6 seconds.

Customer service, though friendly, has failed to fix the problem in spite of multiple trouble shooting sessions.

The phone tree and contact personnel for disconnecting make it very difficult to cancel service.  They want to discuss account alternatives, refer me to technical support yet again, or charge me for pulling out of the 2-year contract.

The last straw was when the custumer service contact (today) forwarded me to her superviser when I complained about the cancellation fee.  When forwarded, the phone rang...and rang...and rang.  It's a do-loop here, clearly designed to make cancellation difficult to impossible.  I will not trust Vonage with my phone service or banking information again.  Ooh ooh, ooh ooh ooh!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2010 12:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vonage/internet/Vonage-Very-difficult-to-unsubscribe-after-numerous-unsucessful-attempts-to-resolve-line-664682. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vonage

#1 Consumer Suggestion

BBB

AUTHOR: Cj - (U.S.A.)

I had exactly the same problem for almost $70. What a scam. To get the charges reversed I complained to the Better Business Bureau in their state of licensure. Also an active class action is currently happening for people who have already paid the bogus charges. What a scam. Sounds like the company is going out of business and needs your cash to stay afloat. They put us in a *contract* WE NEVER HAD. Never, ever, ever do business with Vonage.

Identical problem with Vonage

AUTHOR: Cj - (U.S.A.)

We had an identical problem with Vonage. Called to cancel and was told we were ina 2 year contract we were NEVER in. Advised to call back on 1 single day to cancel our Vonage service. We called back the day after we were told to call back. They slapped us with another month of service and charged us $70. I got a supervisor on the line who advised he would waive the $70. Now an elderly family member is getting threatening collection calls from number 804-767-4880, A Virginia telephone number saying it is a "special investigator" calling and a restraining order has been filed and wishing them "good luck". After researching this number on the interrnet, apparently this is a debt collection agency since Vonage lied and never waived the charge for a month of phone service based on a bogus contract and then slapping us with an additional month's service charge after refusing to cancel our service. I believe this collection agency is likelyrelated to this Vonage issue and am filing the appropriate written complaints about Vonage and the collection agency that I can file with.Thisis one ripoff and harrassment situation that needs to stop.

Jess