• Report: #201752

• Reported By:Oakland California
Vonage
http://www.vonage.com Internet U.S.A.

Vonage VoIP RIPOFF VIEW MY ACCOUNT NATIONWIDE INTERNET

So I signed up for Vonage (www.vonage.com) on July 15, 2005.

Although I was MOVING in May/June 2006, I didn't want to end service before a year was up so I paid for an ENTIRE MONTH OF SERVICE THAT I DID NOT USE.

According to my understanding of billing cycles, I was PAID THROUGH JULY 14, 2006. STILL THEY DISCONNECTED SERVICE THE MINUTE I CALLED ON JULY 12, 2006 AND SAID I WAS NOT ACTIVE FOR A TOTAL OF ONE YEAR.

IF I WOULD HAVE WAITED, THEY WOULD HAVE BILLED ME FOR ANOTHER MONTH OF SERVICE SO EITHER WAY THEY WOULD GET MONEY.

Because I didn't want to get charged for another month of service on July 15, 2006, I called on July 12, 2006 to cancel my account and was informed that I would be charged $39.99 as my account was not "active for a year".

Regardless that I WAS PAID TO THE END OF MY YEAR; THEY STILL DISCONNECTED SERVICE THE MINUTE I CALLED, rather than schedule disconnection for the END OF THE PERIOD ALREADY PAID!

They also don't tell you that when you're being charged the $39.99 that it is taken out INSTANTLY of your account. If I didn't have money in my account they would have over drafted my bank account.

Kelli
Oakland, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2006 05:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vonage/internet/Vonage-VoIP-RIPOFF-VIEW-MY-ACCOUNT-NATIONWIDE-INTERNET-201752. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vonage