Complaint Review: Vonage

• Submitted: Mon, March 22, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, March 22, 2010

• Reported By: Jackie — Deltona Florida U.S.A.

Vonage Vonage Service Does not Work Internet

I previously used AT&T Call Vantage which is a VoIP service. In theory it works the same way Vonage is supposed to work...they provide a VoIP telephone adapter and you plug it into your existing Internet service and your phone. AT&T Stopped offering Call Vantage so I was forced to switch. Call Vantage was inexpensive and worked 95% of the time without a hitch. I switched to Vonage to avoid having to pay expensive standard phone line service. The service never worked correctly. No one could hear me. I would have to use my cell phone regularly. I called into Vonage tech support several times and they made "adjustments" to the service...which never worked. Because of the time it would take to call tech support I gave up. Vonage gives you a 30 day period to get out of your 12 month agreement. 30 days is nowhere near ample time to adjust a new VoIP service. I was so frustrated that I used my cell phone until I finally decided to order a standard phone line. My delay cost me...I should have canceled immediately. I've now had to pay for the entire 12 month service even though I was unable to use it. I advise anyone considering Vonage to bite the bullet and pay the higher cost for traditional phone service. It's not worth the hassle.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2010 06:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vonage/internet/Vonage-Vonage-Service-Does-not-Work-Internet-583875. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vonage