Complaint Review: Vonage

• Submitted: Fri, December 16, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, May 18, 2012

• Reported By: foolmeonce — Los Angeles California United States of America
Vonage

Vonage Vonage has made 2 unauthorized charges to my bank account. Vonage has refused to refund the money that they stole from me for services that I did not use. Vonage has one of the worst customer service Internet, Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: File reports

*Consumer Comment: Please clarify something....

Just got ripped from Vonage. I tried to cancel my account 3 times and had to finally call my bank and report them for making unauthorized charges.

Vonage has made 2 unauthorized charges to my bank account.

Vonage has one of the worst customer service departments of a service oriented company and this will be their demise if enough people complain.

When a company repeatedly makes unauthorized charges to someones account it is THEFT and FRAUD.

I advise anyone who wishes to cancel their account to document the dates, times, and the duration of any calls to Vonage; record the names and ID numbers of anyone you speak with, and file a complaint with the FCC, this site, other scam sites, and yourbank or credit card company.

You should also file a chargeback and dispute any charges made to your account after it is canceled.

These types of companies need to be held accountable for their actions and their policies.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2011 01:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vonage/internet/Vonage-Vonage-has-made-2-unauthorized-charges-to-my-bank-account-Vonage-has-refused-to-r-810353. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vonage

#1 Consumer Suggestion

File reports

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

Something very similar happened to me, and if you notice many of the complaints againts Vonage say the same thing. Vonage customer "service" is horrible, you can try to contact the "executive team" at http://www.vonage.com/corporate/corp_contact.php

If they are unwilling to help, you can file a report with the Better Business Bureau (bbb.org) and the FCC (fcc.gov). There is also safeworkplace.com and of course ripoffreport.com and similar sites. You can also find Vonage on twitter.

It may also be possible to dispute the charges with your credit card company depending on their policies.

My advice is to do all of this if you need to (I did and finally got the matter resolved), until you are fully refunded.

Please clarify something....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

"Vonage  Vonage has made 2 unauthorized charges to my bank account. Vonage has refused to refund the money that they stole from me for services that I did not use.  Vonage has one of the worst customer service.."

Is this for services you didn't use OR didn't order?  There is a significant difference.