Complaint Review: Vonage

• Updated: Wed, July 25, 2007

• Reported By:Hoschton Georgia
vonage.com Internet U.S.A.

Vonage What happened to Vonage!? Ripoff Internet

What happened to Vonage!? I used to LOVE their service and recommended them to all my friends and family. I was also mislead about Vonage's promise of No Contract that they advertise when I opened a business account for my wife. Unfortunately after 4 months, we were several months delayed on opening. So instead of paying $60/month to continue the service I decided to cancel it until we were ready. This was 3 days after they had just billed me for a month's service. Not only would they not give me back credit for the unused 27 days, the "overseas" rep told me that I had to pay a $49 "rebate recovery fee".

Well, to say the least, I was outraged. I insisted to her that I speak with a supervisor. She told me that the supervisor was on break. I said "fine, have her call me back" to which she replied "we don't do outbound calls". Then after insisting that I would wait, she claims that she's getting the supervisor off break to speak with me. Would you believe that she tried to disguise her voice as someone else! To top it all off, not only did they NOT give me back credit for my unused month, they charged me the $49 rebate fee + a $39 disconnect fee! Be warned, the Vonage you used to know and love is gone...these people are now crooks. Why isn't anyone suing them? They hide behind their "terms of service" which is different from what they tell you on the phone. Just because you write up a terms of service doesn't make it legal if it violates the law. Nice going guys...lost me forever over $150!

Hoschton, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2007 07:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vonage/internet/Vonage-What-happened-to-Vonage-Ripoff-Internet-263208. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vonage