Complaint Review: Vonage

• Submitted: Tue, November 16, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, March 06, 2011

• Reported By: Cheri G. — Florence Alabama United States of America
Vonage

Vonage charges customer of 6 years $80 to disconnect because equipment was replaced to fix a problem. Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: BBB or Class action

I have been a Vonage customer for over 4 years. Due to requirements to have a land line rather than VOIP for a job I am working, I requested to cancel service. I was told that there would be a charge of 80 something dollars to cancel because I received new equipment in May.

The reason I received new equipment is because my old equipment was not working and replacing equipment was the only solution they had to fix it. If I had known they would charge me $80 when disconnecting I would have just disconnected at that time.

As the customer, I do not understand why I have to suffer for the companies inability to fix a problem without replacing the equipment.

I talked to one Account Manager that told me I could return the equipment and they would credit back the charge. However, she said they would have to charge my account at the time I was talking to her to discontinue service. I discussed mailing the device before cancelling to expedite the credit and she said to just call back when I was ready to do that since I was in my car at the time.

I called back after returning home and the person I spoke to told me I could return the equipment but that they would not credit my account for the $80. This is a complete Rip OFF.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2010 06:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vonage/internet/Vonage-charges-customer-of-6-years-80-to-disconnect-because-equipment-was-replaced-to-fix-662767. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vonage

#1 Consumer Suggestion

BBB or Class action

AUTHOR: Cj - (U.S.A.)

Good luck. Go to the BBB or get on board with the class action if you have lost money to them that needs to be refunded. The manufactured a contract on our account between us and them that WE NEVER HAD with them! Vonage is literally stealing money from their customers! Never sign up with Vonage. Good luck.

decent