Deegan

• Reported By:Norcross Georgia
Vonage
Nationwide U.S.A.

Vonage Pulling Teeth is Easier than Cancelling Vonage Service!! Nationwide

I tried to cancel my Vonage account back in July, and the guy I talked to (after waiting on the phone for 20 minutes) politely told me that if I stayed on for a year, then I wouldn't be charged a disconnect fee. Well, that year just ended on September 21st, so I called to cancel today and someone picked up within 10 minutes.

I told him I wanted to cancel, and he proceeded to pitch a discount and free service. I told him I didn't use the account and I wanted to cancel. He repeated the offer. I asked him what part of "No thanks, I just want to cancel the service" did he not understand? He then started explaining how much money I'd be saving and how I could use the phone for emergencies, yadda, yadda, yadda. I wasn't even listening!! Couldn't tell you a word of what he said, because I WASN'T INTERESTED!! These people just don't get that do they?!

So after five rounds of me saying, "I don't care what you've got to offer, just cancel my account please!" I finally had to hang up on him. I am not sure what to do at this point, since they just wouldn't cancel my account.

Besides sicking my husband on them (which is my next step), I guess I'll have to go to my credit card company and tell them to block Vonage from trying to bill us again.

I HATE VONAGE!! It is a total scam of a service, if you could even call it that!

Steph S
Norcross, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2007 12:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vonage/nationwide/Vonage-Pulling-Teeth-is-Easier-than-Cancelling-Vonage-Service-Nationwide-275851. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vonage