Complaint Review: Vonage

• Updated: Tue, March 24, 2009

• Reported By:Elizabethtown Kentucky
Vonage
vonage.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Vonage Unlimited service is suddenly limited...Truth in Advertising not followed Internet

*Author of original report: Vonage

You know all those ads with the lady hip bumping the phone guy out of the way going we are unlimited no hidden charges nothing but a flat amount for unlimited calling even to international countries.

I saw this would be a good thing for me as I am getting married and moving to New Zealand in June. My fiance is already there and we are making many plans and to be honest it just felt good to be able to talk to him all night long about things in our lives we needed to deal with, getting my passport and everything. Lately been consoling him as he lost some good friends in the Australian arson fires. At any rate, the promise of unlimited calls was suddenly stopped and today I was notified they were taking me off the plan that would allow me to call him for free. I can call but I have to pay to talk to him which eliminates the need for Vonage. If was going to pay internation rates I'd have stuck with my phone company.

I asked them if they knew about Truth in Advertising, they demurred saying that is covered in their Terms and Conditions I said not buried in your fine print, I want it to be said on your ads that in some cases unlimited will not apply.

To anyone thinking of getting this product, beware. Read everything carefully and do not take anything the sales rep tells you for gospel truth. I'll just pay for international phone cards and call the 800number then ring into to him. And may Vonage enjoy their decietful business practices

Sww
Elizabethtown, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2009 01:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vonage/nationwide/Vonage-Unlimited-service-is-suddenly-limitedTruth-in-Advertising-not-followed-Internet-427546. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vonage

Vonage

AUTHOR: Sww - (U.S.A.)

Sighs they removed me from that plan now lol