poetic

• Reported By:Wickliffe Ohio
Vonage
vonage.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Vonage Vonage is Horrible, BEWARE!!!!! Internet

*Consumer Comment: Vonage huge security risk!!

*Consumer Suggestion: Always check the contract terms of service and termination fee.

*Consumer Comment: All vonage cares about Is your money

*Consumer Comment: In defense of Vonage

*Consumer Comment: you sure you...

I signed up for Vonage in June of 2008. I was told there were no cotracts that I could cancel anytime. For the first few months everything worked fine.
Then about 2 or 3 weeks ago I started having problems. While on the phone it cuts out and I cannot hear parts of what the other person is saying. They also can't hear all of what I am saying.

Also, when someone calls me it goes straight to voicemail.

I called to report this, the first time I got hung up on. The second time I was told a "technical" person would call me back at 1pm the next day. I never recieved a phone call. I called back and was told again that someone would call me back at 4:30pm that day to help me fix the problems, again No phone call. I called a third time and was told again that tech support would call me!

I said I wanted to cancel the servica all together and then I was told I would be charged $95.00 for canceling that it was in the terms of service.

I was never told this before.
I am furious!

I am trying to get my credit card to block their charges. I filed a complaint with the BBB.

Please do NOT use this company. They are a HUGE rip off!

Robin
Wickliffe, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2008 09:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vonage/nationwide/Vonage-Vonage-is-Horrible-BEWARE-Internet-400228. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vonage

Vonage huge security risk!!

AUTHOR: Dgnelson - (U.S.A.)

I have worked in the security industry for several years and if you have Vonage there is a security issue that you need to be aware of. Their phone service is non secure, which means that anyone can tap into your internet service and be able to listen in on your phone conversations plus if you dial 911 you have to physically tell them your address over the phone, if you can't talk your address does not pop up to let the proper authorities know where you are, so if you want the cheap service Vonage is your company!!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Wilson - (U.S.A.)

I think you did sign up for a Vonage contracted length of service which you were not aware of.

Does Vonage apply a disconnect fee?
"Yes. Vonage will apply a $39.99 disconnect fee to each voice line that is canceled within two years of being activated. If you cancel within the Money Back Guarantee period of 30 days, return your device within 14 days of your cancellation, and satisfy the other conditions of our Money Back Guarantee the disconnect fee on the initial line ordered will be refunded."

6.1 Service Term.
We provide our service to you indefinitely. Your service term refers to the period of time for which we will bill you periodically in advance (for example, one month or one year). The service term is the term that you selected from the options available when you signed up for our service. Your first service term begins on the subscription date, which is the date you first ordered service or the date we successfully process your payment, whichever is later. It is not the day you receive the equipment you ordered or the first time you use the service. Your service will continue until canceled by you or by us as provided for herein. Please note that the obligations of this agreement begin on your subscription date and are indefinite.

6.2 Automatic Renewal.
Your service term automatically renews for the same term unless you call us at 1-VONAGE-HELP (1-866-243-4357) to cancel your service before the end of your then current service term. The renewal begins on the day after the last day of your service term.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#4 Consumer Suggestion

#5 Consumer Suggestion

6.2 Automatic Renewal.

All vonage cares about Is your money

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

All vonage cares about Is your money. You have to have an internet connection to use vonage services anyways.

So its best to stay with your current phone company. Vonage nothing but a bunch of thieves.

And the attorney general of new jersey doesn't do a damn thing just lets vonage get away with there abuse.

In defense of Vonage

AUTHOR: Gryffon - (U.S.A.)

I have read many similar reports to this regarding Vonage. I too had a problem with the customer service department, and with the terms of service agreement. However, although it did take me time and some effort to put right, in the end Vonage came through and treated me fairly. In fact it did become clear that I was indeed open for a charge that I accepted and Vonage waived that fee.

I have used Vonage for several years and I have to say that in my opnion it is the BEST value for money and I personally have had NO tech problems whatsoever in all that time. Actually the only problems I have had have originated with my internet provider (Comcast) and the numerous down times which prevents the Vonage service from connecting.

My advise to all customers who are shopping for any kind of service is to READ the terms of service offered by the company BEFORE signing up for anything! In the end no company in the service industry is perfect, far from it, and some people are always going to feel their situation is a rip off.

you sure you...

AUTHOR: Andrea - (U.S.A.)

Are you sure you made sure it wasn't your phone that was bad? Everything electronic has technical issues its just like the saying "what can go wrong will go wrong." Anyways thanks for reporting and good luck.