Complaint Review: Vons Vons.com Safeway Grocery

• Submitted: Wed, October 31, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, October 31, 2012

• Reported By: beaware — los angeles California USA
Vons Vons.com Safeway Grocery

Vons Vons.com Safeway Grocery Panhandeling Begging Donation Charity Scam Harassment Shame Bullying Fraud Checkout Customer Register Abuse Raising Prices Grocery , Internet

Vons should be ashamed at their scam of repeatedly asking paying customers to give to a donation to charity of Vons' Choice. I was donating a dollar each time i shopped. I stopped after hearing a radio talk show complain about this practice of shaming the customer into donating. The next time i was in the store checking out, I selected "decline to give to a charity" I thought that would be the end but the cashier completed the transaction and held my receipt hostage while asking me to give once again.

I politely declined then she said we can "round up " meaning if my bill was 25.70, I would agree to pay 26.00 for the third time I politely declined . She reluctantly released my receipt and allowed me to leave.I see the game clearly, they are determined to force, bully or shame you into giving. I will NEVER give to a Vons sponsored charity. I also will boycott any charity they were forcing down my throat. On a side note the guy bagging the groceries asked me twice, if I wanted help out while she tried desperately to add money to my bill.

She asked twice if I found everything I was looking for and If I updated my Vons card . The Cashier and the guy bagging were firing off a barrage of questions and I know it's part of the SCAM to Confuse , Distract,Disorientate and Bombard the customer , anything to ADD money onto the bill. I have this lady on video trying to force me to donate . I am also investigating who is behind this aggressive panhandling at the register. It's so sad, the homeless beg in front of the store and cashiers beg inside. It's not good enough that we shop there. Never Again , Vons Never Again.........

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2012 08:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vons-Vonscom-Safeway-Grocery/internet/Vons-Vonscom-Safeway-Grocery-Panhandeling-Begging-Donation-Charity-Scam-Harassment-Sham-962928. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vons Vons.com Safeway Grocery