Complaint Review: Voobon Ventures, Explore Media, Mark Sharriar

• Updated: Tue, July 13, 2010

• Reported By: Private — Atlanta Georgia USA
Voobon Ventures, Explore Media, Mark Sharriar
1755 The Exchange SE Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

Voobon Ventures, Explore Media, Mark Sharriar Explore Media, Explore Fashions, EF Magazine, Imajin Fash, COIM, Hostbit, Accessbit, Explore Studios This company would be great except for the CEO Mark Shariar! He is the lowest lifeform on the planet! ,

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Voobon Ventures??? Don't waste your time...

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: YOU ARE SO CORRECT ABOUT THIS COMPANY

There are so many terrible things I could say about this company, but I won't write them here.  I'll save that information for my lawyers.

The only thing I can say is that you need to disregard every positive thing that has been written about this company.  They have all be written by employees that were ASSIGNED to write positive things about the company to make it look better or by Mark Shariar himself.

I wish I had known about this site before I took the job there.  I could have saved myself a lot of misery.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2009 05:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Voobon-Ventures-Explore-Media-Mark-Sharriar/Atlanta-Georgia-30339/Voobon-Ventures-Explore-Media-Mark-Sharriar-Explore-Media-Explore-Fashions-EF-Magazine-482600. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Voobon Ventures, Explore Media, Mark Sharriar

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Voobon Ventures??? Don't waste your time...

AUTHOR: yaheardme - (USA)

My complaints or concerns are these:  I witnessed the investment plans but wondered where these clients were at and who is the team of professionals trained to handle these high-profile clients because the office folks are young, inexperienced and very unprofessional???  If this is an investment firm with a high-end clientele, why would you allow your staff to wear jeans to work at anytime and not look more professional???  Who is handling the investments of the clients because I know no one in this office is qualified to do it???  And why, please tell me why was everyone in this company was laid off without notice, without an apology or explaintion from Mark himself and most importantly without being paid???

Mark, I think is very smart and has a good business mind but just follows the beat of his own drum and EXPECTS everyone to bow down to him...it is his way or no way...I feel very sad for his staff now and wonders what is going to happen with them because they have invested much time and energy to make this a positive company for Mark and he S**Ts on them without any remorse...

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

YOU ARE SO CORRECT ABOUT THIS COMPANY

AUTHOR: yaheardme - (United States of America)

As I read what has been posted about this company Voobon Ventures, I can do nothing but shamefully agree with a lot of what is being said.  Not that I didn't read what was posted prior to accepting a position with this company, but I really didn't want to believe it and I wanted to form my own opinion...I wanted to see if the reports written were really from angry ex-employees who were fired or if they were true...and after working here I have come to this conclusion:  Mark, although he may have good intentions, is not professional nor worthy to wear the title of CEO because he doesn't take care of business like he is suppose to or should as a leader, president or CEO...he never made a pass at me nor did I witness him doing anything to anyone that was inappropiate...the staff, is not all female but everyone is young...and I think he does that so that he can have control.  He was actually very nice when I met him and throughout my employment, he was pleasant.  Yes, the writings were posted to improve the ratings of the company and I think sometimes you have to do that to reduce the negativity that may have been caused ~ as long as it is not illegal.  My complaints or concerns are these:  I witnessed the investment plans but wondered where these clients were at and who is the team of professionals trained to handle these high profile clients because the office folks are young and very unprofessional???  If this is an investment firm with a high-end clientele, why would you allow your staff to wear jeans to work and not look more professional???  Who is handling the investments of the clients because I know no one in this office is qualified to do it???  And why, please tell me why was everyone in this company was laid off without notice, without an apology or explaintion from Mark himself and most importantly without being paid???