Complaint Review: Voyage Van Lines

• Updated: Wed, December 12, 2012

• Reported By: TD — McLean Virginia United States of America
Voyage Van Lines
245 4th Street, Passaic, NJ, 07055 Internet United States of America

Voyage Van Lines Moving Express & Storage Fraud and will sell your move! Internet

TO ALL THOSE BEFORE YOU USE THIS FIRM- DO NOT!!!!

I dont often blog on issues but when it is bad it is bad, and I dont want anyone to go through what I went through!

I contracted out a move with Voyager Van Lines in July of 2012 who then sold my move to Moving Express & Storage- (did not know about this at all). Moving Express then sold my move to 3 other firms who all ending up losing my items and combining them with other moves. In essence there are many of us with the same move period who lost thousands of dollars worth of
items!!

Per the numerous communications with the various moving companies- Original was Voyager Van Lines whom subcontracted the work out to Moving Express & Storage, I was advised to put in a claim for several missing items.

In addition to the ongoing issues with missing and damaged items, there were many other issues that arose such as items resulting from delayed pickups where I suffered additional rental days of $76.66 per day (1 in total) at pick up as well as a hotel nights stay for 1 night in VA ($139.00) due to the moving companies inability to come as scheduled due to once again another issue with a truck.

Pick Up was schedule on June 17th but did not occur until June 18th.  Drop off was to occur on July 2nd but did not occur until July 3rd.

Several items have been damaged including a $500 cabinet from Pottery Barn that is a rolling drink cabinet- (entire bottom was cracked), an entire table is missing a leg which renders it useless  as well as a three drawer white dresser- bottom was broken off. I was told that I had to pay additional costs to wrap my mattress for the move, even after I had already purchased a mattress bag, as they would rewrap it differently and you would notice this upon arrival)- this was not the case, it simply arrived in the plastic I had put it in and that is all.

While the concerns above are extensive, it is minimal to the missing items and countless calls and emails I have placed to both companies which remained unanswered. This was the worst move I have ever had in my life and the stress put on to me during
this time was extensive and unbearable.

What was my Total Claim? - : $3700 and did not include the various small items missing nor does it take in any damaged items as my main concern is the missing items.  It also did not include the hotel and additional nights in the apartment I did not
claim.

After sending this in to Anthem, I received a letter about 2 months later stating it was denied and nothing was going to occur. Remember movers- their insurance companies work for THEM, not You!  I then went back to both moving companies on
this and after they changed numbers, left vmails the end result was nothing.

Finally a month later I received a random text from the one person in the office that felt guilty telling me that the company knew where my items were but to not say anything as she would get fired. She even gave out the phone number and name of this person so I could contact. This is not only illegal but I was grateful for her bleak moment of guilt. I have since been in contact with this other person who also lost her items and we are working together to mail to me. Did the moving company pay for this or call me back at all? NOPE  this is another $300 I have to incur and its only a few items.

The moral of this story is to not use either company or firm- I thought I did my homework but they both put undue stress, loss and overall major financial issues on me. If you are still reading this it should be know that my initial quote of $1K turned into $2500 with additional door fees, elevator fees, 35feet extra charges and much more- including one mover who yelled at me, showed up without a shirt and then asked me for one when I explained he needed to wear a shirt while at the property.

Please be wary and never ever use these firms. Best of luck-  VA Mover

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2012 03:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Voyage-Van-Lines/internet/Voyage-Van-Lines-Moving-Express-Storage-Fraud-and-will-sell-your-move-Internet-981158. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Voyage Van Lines