Complaint Review: Voyager Group Omaha, NE

• Updated: Fri, January 20, 2012

• Reported By: Leary Larry — Omaha Nebraska United States of America
Voyager Group Omaha, NE
12020 Shamrock Plz # 200 Omaha, Nebraska United States of America

Voyager Group Omaha, NE Voyager Group Career Solutions Use Caution: Something doesn't seem quite right about this company. Omaha, Nebraska

I am also glad I researched this company like many others who have posted reviews about this company.  I too received a phone call from a very pleasant woman from St. Louis to arrange a meeting/interview with a man at Voyager Group Omaha.  It seemed to go well but things were somewhat vague.

The conversation ranged from discussing personal life and how they will help me find employment however I never saw a contract or a breakdown of how their services work.  Near the end of the conversation, I asked how they make their money.  The man said, "Let's take a number easily divisible by 3 such as $4500.  You will make three installment payments of $1500.  The third payment will be due when you obtain your job.  Then we will ask the employer to reimburse us for your first two payments then we return it to you."

This seemed like an odd approach.  I did wonder why a "recruitment" company wouldn't just charge the employers directly.  Most people who are out of work, can't afford this.

In the end, I received some forms to fill out and return.  One form was for my spouse to fill out.  I have never heard of a spouse being a part of the hiring process unless the husband/wife are going into business together.  I thought this was very odd.

Then I encountered the question, "Does Voyager meet your expectations?"  I immediately thought, "how could they meet my expectations at this point, they haven't done anything."  So I decided to go online to research them a little more to help clarify.  That is when I encountered several reviews that mentioned similar stories and similar amounts of money.  I see that some people actually paid money and are basically out a lot of money with nothing to show for their expense.  I am glad I didn't pay them anything.  I didn't even pay the postage to return the envelope so I am only out the amount of time I spent in the office.

I didn't get ripped off, but I just wanted to share that my experience was very close to being the same as others with the exception that I did not pursue this company and their alleged services.  Be smart out there.  I have never heard of any of my friends or co-workers ever paying to find work.  Ever.  And I have been around for quite awhile.  Good luck all!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2012 11:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Voyager-Group-Omaha-NE/Omaha-Nebraska-68154/Voyager-Group-Omaha-NE-Voyager-Group-Career-Solutions-Use-Caution-Something-doesnt-see-825769. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Voyager Group Omaha, NE