Complaint Review: Vpc support

• Updated: Sat, August 11, 2012

• Reported By: John — Sacramento California United States of America
Vpc support

Vpc support This is a ripoff company, Internet

Called this company thinking they were associated with AOL..I was having a minor password problem and thought I was talking with aol support..they said my computer had been hacked by someone in Uganda and I needed a big time service that only they could do..at first they said it would take about 40 minutes and cost $250. They lowered the price to $199 after I balked..they took control of my iMac and started doing minor checks for new software and then downloaded a free virus software program called sophas..they went into my iTunes account and asked for my password..

at that point I called AOL support and asked who these people were..AOL told me to disconnect my Internet connection and shut down my computer..as they were not in any way associated with AOL..AOL support corrected my password problem for free and told me to contact my visa card company and cancel the charge..at this point I can only dispute the charge..vpc called and after much yelling they agreed to lower the charge to $89. For what they did, which was nothing.. In my opinion this company grossly overcharges and makes you believe they are the only people who have the ability to fix computer problems..buyer beware..

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2012 11:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vpc-support/internet/Vpc-support-This-is-a-ripoff-company-Internet-925897. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vpc support