Complaint Review: Vudu

• Submitted: Mon, January 21, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, January 22, 2013

• Reported By: unknown — New Castle Pennsylvania USA
Vudu

Vudu Vudu.com Double billed for a so called movie bundle and they refuse to refund, Internet

*Author of original report: Vudu deleted movie and refunded money

Is this rip off month or is it just for me? I have gotten ripped off now for the 3rd time this month. I never complained before nore did anything about it but no more MR Nice Buy. This time this company Vudu Digital Movies Rentals whom I have bought over 30+ movies from them and rentals included. I was one of their best customer's (I mean suckers). Not anymore.

Here is the story: Well I was on my Playstation 3 looking through their movies to watch and I seen they had the unrated version of Paranormal Activity 4 in a Bundle package with about 3o minutes extra of "found" footage. I'm a paranormal diehard fan. But anyways I was checking it out they display 2 separate items on that screen the unrated movie and the bonus material. Well I clicked on the unrated movie from the bundle screen and I paid about $16.00 after taxes.

Well I clicked on the movie and I noticed I didn't get the extra 30 minutes I just got the plain unrated version of the movie and I was so disgusted after all these other rips of been going through this past month. So I went and checked and I ordered it again this time from the page with the 2 boxes on it and I again got charged $16.00. So anyways I email customer service figuring Ok to myself this is a good company right and I spent a ton of money here right? They will just delete that same double of the movie I have and let me keep the bundle. Nope... I get the shaft and have a nice day!

Well Vudu I told you I was going to take action against you didn't I? Next I'm going to the BBB and my credit card company for duplicate charges. Yes I will lose all my owned movies well that is a lawsuit there if they just banish my account just because I do a BBB dispute or credit card dispute.

This crap is getting old. Their excuse for not being able to do anything is I watched it.... Yeah I watched it the new bundle I bought its the same d**n movie! Just with the extra 30 minutes. I started the first movie  I got and I realized I screwed up but the way they have that offer set up I just made a simple mistake. I don't go asking for refunds or starting a bunch of bs just because of every little issue to try and get out of a movie... It was a honest mistake I didn't know you had to buy from that page I thought I was getting it the first time I bought it but I didn't and I assumed wrong that their customer service would take care of me and this problem since I been such a good customer no complaints about their services or nothing till now..

Well lessons well learned this past month about credit cards who suck and how they work and how they can cut you without notice for no reason, and another credit monitoring service refund night mare that the BBB is involved in.  I WILL NEVER make the assumption again like assuming customer service would refund and delete that first movie that is all they had to do. I just asked them even if they couldn't refund it could they please give me $16.00 in credits for future movies? No so they chose to lose a customer oh well their loss and (((competitor's name redacted)))s gain!.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2013 02:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vudu/internet/Vudu-Vuducom-Double-billed-for-a-so-called-movie-bundle-and-they-refuse-to-refund-Intern-1000424. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vudu

Vudu deleted movie and refunded money

AUTHOR: unknown - (USA)

Well after 3 emails and 1 one call from my (wife) they refunded my money and deleted movie and I guess giving them this ripoff report helped as well. People shouldn't have to go to those lengths to get a refund or a simple little boo boo fixed... All the hoops you got to go through.. Case is closed. A little suggestion.. Call whenever possible if you got a problem don't email customer support they don't take good care of you that way.