Complaint Review: Vumber

• Submitted: Tue, June 07, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, June 07, 2011

• Reported By: mfoster00 — Avila Beach California United States of America
Vumber

Vumber Continued to charge my bank account after I cancelled their service, and would not help me get my account information back Internet

I used the company (Vumber) services to provide virtual phone numbers for different area codes.  They require you to provide them with your bank account number to take the money out automatically each month.

I left my previous firm and tried to get online to cancel the service, but didn't have access any more to my password, so I sent an email to Vumber requesting the information.  They were not helpful at all, and several times delayed canceling the service.  Finally it was cancelled, but then this last month (May) they started charging me again.

When I contacted them again, they said I never cancelled the service!  When I went to my bank to stop Vumber from taking money out of my account, they said, sorry, we can't stop them.  So once you give companies like Vumber your account number, they know they can just keep charging you and hope you don't notice, and when you do, they lie and say you didn't cancel, so they can keep charging you.

You have no recourse, so I sent them another email asking for a refund and they said NO!  I will never do business with Vumber again!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2011 05:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vumber/internet/Vumber-Continued-to-charge-my-bank-account-after-I-cancelled-their-service-and-would-not-738046. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vumber