Complaint Review: WAL-MART DISCOVER CREDIT CARD

• Submitted: Thu, February 03, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, February 03, 2011

• Reported By: Italiancowboy — Fayetteville North Carolina United States of America
WAL-MART DISCOVER CREDIT CARD
GE Money Bank Corporate Office Headquarters HQ 901 Internet United States of America

WAL-MART DISCOVER CREDIT CARD GE MONEY BANK WARNING TO CONSUMERS-CORRUPT BANKING PRACTICES OF GE MONEY BANK/WITHHOLDS & MANIPULATES INFO TO PAY FEES/FINANCE CHARGES--AVOID LIKE A PLAGUE, Internet

*Consumer Comment: What?

Dear Congress, Obama Administration, Federal Reserve, and Consumers:

I want to expose the corruption of the GE Money Bank/Wal Mart Discover Card in effort to protect other consumers from fraud like I have experienced. I have had many credit cards throughout my life and a credit score of 780, and have a history of paying my credit card off in time and its entirety. The Wal Mart Discover Credit card is the only one that I have experienced that has a consistent pattern of deception, manipulation, and withholding key information, that results in major finance charges, fees, cash back fraud. I encourage all consumers to stay away from this credit card. Please share your story about your bad experience with Wal Mart Discover Card. If you don't have time just copy and paste my content and put it on all the complaint boards, the news, or wherever else we can expose them and bring them down for their actions.

Below is the previous letter I wrote to the Federal Reserve close to a year ago. Wal Mart Discover Card has a consistent pattern of deceptive practices to make you pay fees, finance charges, and withholding information.
As of today, 2/3/2011, I discovered I accrued close to $500 due to the expired promotional balances that I owe. My complaint is I requested a change of address about a year ago and they never mailed me my statements since. Nor do they make any kind of effort to inform/alert me of these over due promotion dates. On the electronic statements that my bank, Bank of America issues, there is nothing that show that a promotional balance is due. Only minimum payment and the total amount owed. Obviously, they want to conceal that information so they can accrue that interest and make money off of me. I spoke on the phone with the manager Rhonda at 43518, and she absolutely refused to take off the accrued interest even after offering to pay the entire balance in full. Please look on the internet and notice the consistent pattern of complaints from other customers. Feds, please take corrective action.
=================================================================
Dear Federal Reserve,

I would like to file a complaint against the Wal Mart Discover Credit card (GE Money). I closely monitor my account online and they are constantly adding fees and making changes on my billing activity so they can make money. I only use this credit card to make promotional purchases (by making a purchase for $250 I get 12 month no-interest financing as long as I pay it every months). However, there have been several 'quick cash' withdraws that I have never made before. Because I know it is has heavy financing and costly fees. I am the only authorized uses and have narrowed down that either the cashier at wal mart is manipulating it look like I only made a purchase and getting cash back or the credit card company is adding this fraudulent charge. I have requested a copy of my purchase receipt showing that I got cash back and they say they can't provide the evidence and I know that is not true. Because every other credit card company that represents a retail store can provide a purchase receipt if needed

In addition the customer service uses delay tactic, say one thing and another thing happens. I first need to know this is a valid Federal Reserve email before taking time to go into more detail. We the citizens gave billions in tax payer money for them to try to cheat us today.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2011 01:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WAL-MART-DISCOVER-CREDIT-CARD/internet/WAL-MART-DISCOVER-CREDIT-CARD-GE-MONEY-BANK-WARNING-TO-CONSUMERS-CORRUPT-BANKING-PRACTICES-690372. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WAL-MART DISCOVER CREDIT CARD

What?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

You seem to be blaming everyone but probably the person who should have at least a some of the blame....YOU.

- Okay, how did you notify them? What action did you take when you didn't get a statement? Did you do anything other then send them a single notice and when you didn't get it say..oh well.

- So BofA generates a statement based on information that GE sends. How do you know that GE doesn't send it and it is just BofA that doesn't print the information. But that is still not an excuse. If you knew you had promotional balances and they did not appear, then why didn't you go back to GE/Discover?If you did you could have pulled up your actual statement.

- Did you file an official dispute for the "fraud"? If you do this they can't just say no they have to investigate it. Also, since you stated you use this only for purchases over $250, these must be for "Big Ticket" items and as such wouldn't you have your copy of the receipt?