Complaint Review: WALGREENS 6868

• Submitted: Wed, December 29, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, April 15, 2011

• Reported By: ronda — SAINT JOE Indiana United States of America
330 WEST STATE BLVD FORT WAYNE, Indiana United States of America

*UPDATE Employee: This Employee was Setup !

*Consumer Suggestion: I was a manager for years.

*General Comment: Sounds like you broke a few rules.

*Consumer Comment: Looks pretty bad..

*Consumer Comment: Collusion

I have been a loyal employee of Walgreens for 14 1/2 year. Having been head photo specialist for the last 12 years. I have always tried to give good customer service in all aspects and now I feel as though I have been setup. On December 28, 2010 I was questioned by LPS Aaron White with the Manager Mr. Schenkel present in regards to a transaction that took place on December 16, 2010. I was treated as a criminal as soon as I walked in the office door. I had no idea what was taking place. Any way, in regards to the transaction in question, I appear on the tape, as though I am ringing myself up. I explained this was not the case. A woman, middle-aged, blonde/grayish hair had asked me to ring up a gift card that she did not want her husband to know about as it was a gift. She handed me her credit card and I proceeded to the cosmetic department as I was closest to there, since I had told the cosmetic person she could take her 15 minute break.

Yes, I should have signed the cosmetic person off of the register, but never gave it a thought as the cosmetic person likes cosmetic register sales to be rung under her cashier number. My intention was to ring the purchase and to take the item to the customer( who is not shown on camera), but unfortunately, her credit card was declined and item voiding the gift card off of the register, I went back to the customer and explained that her card was declined, but would be happy to finish the transaction with another form of payment.

Then getting side-tracked, as the store was busy, the customer never returned to purchase the gift card. I found out on 12/28/10 that the credit card swiped at the register was found by the employee lockers 2 days after the attempted transaction and actually belonged to an employee! I had no way of knowing this.

The last time I saw the credit card is when I handed it back to the customer who gave it to me in the first place. LPS is telling me I went into this employee's purse and got her card and tried to use it for my own personal use. That cannot be farther from the truth. !

I handle hundreds of dollars a week, my cash handling has always been good. My whole family has worked for Walgreens , but now my career hangs in the balance as I was suspended on 12/28/10 until the further pending investigation is complete and Aaron White, LPS decides he's right and I am wrong.

We are always preached good customer service, yet providing good customer service get me where? I value my job, I love my job. Walgreens was my second home, yet I have been screwed because I dont know if I'll have a job to go back to since LPS 's word will be the word of God.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2010 09:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WALGREENS-6868/FORT-WAYNE-Indiana-46808/WALGREENS-6868-14-12-YEAR-EMPLOYEE-GETS-SCREWED-OVER-AND-MADE-OUT-TO-BE-A-CRIMINAL-FORT-676314. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WALGREENS 6868

This Employee was Setup !

AUTHOR: KYLE - (United States of America)

I currently work at Walgreens and see this happen constantly.  This employee was setup because someone else wanted the job they were doing.   A long time employee would have never blown their job on , what a credit card sale??? if they really wanted to blow the job, the cash in the register would have made more sense.  I mean how many people can actually remember back 2 weeks and describe to the detail for detail  what one person looked like after the hundreds of people they delt with in work and out of work.  It sounds as though the owner of the credit card is the liar in this case.  Anyway, Aaron White comes across as a racist pig who cant stand the white people and the managers are all scared to death to go against him.  The employee was discharged WITHOUT JUST CAUSE.  and this has been proven over and over! I've talked to people at this store and EVERYONE knows that the employee did no wrong.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

I was a manager for years.

AUTHOR: Aaron - (U.S.A.)

While I can not know the whole story behind these events I can comment and give some suggestions based on my years of experience.

1. You should never use another persons register or numbers.  No matter what else happened this alone would support them firing you if you tried to sue.

2. All the evidence points to you.  I don't know if you are telling the truth or lying to us and personally I don't care.  But if your story is true I don't know what to think.  It almost looks like a fellow employee set you up.

a. The credit card belonging to an employee
b. The credit card being denied.  I mean why would an employee have a void credit card unless she is saying it was stolen before the 16th.
c. said credit card being found in the store.

You either stole it or got set up by a fellow employee.  I just can't see someone going to this effort to get you fired.  So honestly I guess I agree with the managers here.

3. I am sure the old lady would have been on tape leaving and entering the store.  And depending on the number of cameras they could have seen if your story even fit the events.  Basically did she enter before the transaction, leave after, and were her motions around the store in check with where you said she gave you the card.  I do not know how many store cameras you have but I know at the minimum you have one at the door to see her enter and leave.  So if you story is true this should back you up.

4.  At no time did you notice the lady had the same name as a co -worker?  Did you even look at the card she gave you?

5. Isn't it against company policy to use a credit card for gift card purchases?   In most companies it is because it prevents this kind of theft.

I would love to see an update to this but I assume the OP here was fired.  I also suspect criminal charges were filed.  And honestly just based on the OP's report I suspect they were found guilty.  Like I said they only other explanation is that another employee set them up.   But that seems way out of left field.  And a lady buying a giftcard for her husband means they are regulars.   Which means the lady could have been found if someone wanted to.  Likely had the name on file in the database even.  So OP if you are innocent and still in trial you might want to have a private investigator find her so your lawyer can figure out which employee she is related to.

Or you could just plead out to the crime you did.

#3 General Comment

Sounds like you broke a few rules.

AUTHOR: OtatKen - (United States of America)

This could have been totally avoided if you would have taken the time to check the customer's ID.  As a cashier, you should be well aware of how rampant fraud is these days and be vigilant to avoid taking part in it.  In addition, you admit to using another employee's cashier number during the transaction.  I would have fired you on the spot for that alone.  At the very least, your complacency cost you your job.  Hopefully you learn from it.

Looks pretty bad..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Sorry but this looks pretty bad for you. By your own admission you say that it appears as if you are ringing up yourself. The rest of your story has some serious issues as well.

Firstit ispretty amazing how 12 days after this lady came in you were able to remember a specific transaction. Yes may have been unique but still pretty good memory.

Your next problem is your claim that the Cosmetics person likes to have sales rung under her number. Well if I am correct a "Gift Card" is not really considered a "sale" until it is redeemed. Also, if they are like other stores I am pretty sure that is against thepolicy to ring sales under another persons number. So you may have just "thrown her under the bus" to try and cover yourself. Even if there was nothingwrongwith the purchase that may be enough to have you fired.

Your next problem is that unless you are leaving something out there does not appear to be any video of this mysterious "lady". So either your store has one camera, convieniently pointed at the Cosmetics register. Or this person was in the one place in the entire store that had no video coverage, and they got there without getting on any other camera.

You also state that she never returned to buy the Gift Card? How do you know? By your own admission you got busy. With a statement like that they COULD see that as you got busy for too long and by the time you had another chance the Cosmetics Cashier was back from her break, after all it was only a 15 minutebreak.

Then we have this "employees" card that was used. You have been there for 12 years and it is hard to think that you wouldn't at least reconginize the name. That isunless you are claiming some setup and they just hired that person in that day to try and catch you.

Sir: I am sorry you are about to lose your employment, you sound like a nice person.

Here is what is probably going on at this Walgreens. They want to get rid of you so that they can hire someone who comes cheaper or close your position all together. After 14 years, you are costing them to much money.

Here is the word that Americans need to memorize by heart: COLLUSION. In case you are new to this century, business's have an illegal collusion together in order to get exactly what they went by circumventing the laws. The definition of the word collusion is: 'a secret agreement for fraudulent or treacherous purposes'. That is why it is illegal in this country. It is like the 500 pound gorilla in the room, it's so big no one can see it. If you bring it to the attention of your fellow citizens, they deny its there. This is the number one reason why life is so bad in America (and in the world). At this point in time, BUSINESS has taken over completely what goes into our minds and what comes out of our assholes. They get their way 100% of the time because they fill the deep pockets of government entities from top to bottom, big and small. They OWN the government.

Your supervisor, at the behest of his 'handlers' needed anything on you to get you fired without having to pay into your states unemployment fund via higher taxes for each employee they lay off. They turned an innocent transaction into something criminal.

Having a hard time believing what I am saying. Please read the book by Ignatius Donnelly written in 1889 regarding the 'growing concentration of wealth and power in the hands of big business.' It's called CAESAR'S COLUMN. It's a futuristic work about what life would be like in the 20th century if business continues it's treacherous march. The horrible part is Mr. Donnelly could not predict that the 20th and 21st centuries would be worse then what is portrayed in his book.

Today, instead of just 'big business' colluding together its ALL business big and small. If this ain't true, how can some dumbkoff who owns a convenience store live like royalty. Big business said to little business 'help us take over the world and you will be rewarded to.' That's why we are being screwed for every miserable dime we earn.

I would recommend hiring a good lawyer to help you try and find out how many employees have been accused of alleged illegal acts by Walgreens. If its five or more in your state, you might smell a COLLUSION.

Good luck to you sir.