Complaint Review: WALGREENS

• Submitted: Fri, August 28, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, January 07, 2013

• Reported By: Done Dirty — Phenix City Alabama USA
WALGREENS
5401 Summerville Rd, 200 Wilmont Rd Phenix City, Deerfield, Illinois, Columbus, Georgia, Alabama United States of America
  • Phone: 3342973061
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

WALGREENS, WRONGFULLY FIRED!!!!!!!!!! , Phenix City Alabama

*Consumer Comment: Phenix city municipal court deny our right to file because we was falsely accused of harassment Alabama has a stand your ground law so we had every right to stand our ground and screamed back

*General Comment: Theft

*Consumer Comment: Phenix city is still the most wicked city with crooks running the police department and municipal court if they don't like it they shouldn't rush to judgment with what people say

*Consumer Comment: I hate people all together i live next to unfriendly neighbors who get mad cause we don't let their friends friends park on our property they do everything they can to hurt my feelings

*Consumer Comment: When, oh when ?

*Consumer Comment: They are bad businesses in phenix city also but their in every state people think i shouldn't expose my bad experiences but instead they accuse me of ripping or scamming the business which is not true

*General Comment: Water in Phenix City, Alabama

*Consumer Comment: Chuckie

*Consumer Comment: lesson

*Consumer Comment: Hey benn do you know what slander and defamation means you just can't out right call somebody a thief online they could file a personal injury suit agaisnt you since slander Is considered a injury

*Consumer Comment: What the???

*Consumer Comment: Same old same old crap people accusing me of being a scammer for me reporting real bad business practices

*Consumer Comment: People need to look into thing before jumping to conclusions

*Consumer Comment: People really do love me don't they

* : Mices

* : Wow

* : One of my favorite cities!

* : Charles, is that you ??????

* : Wrongfully Fired?

* : One Question

* : Take your lumps!

I was recently fired from Walgreens because I was accused of coupon abuse and stealing a customers receipt. In the coupon incident I did not immediately tear up the coupon and throw it away "on camera". "They" said I put it in my pocket. . .I did not recall this but they said I did it and they had it on tape. They did not show me any tape. Then they said I took a customers receipt that was in the office and put it in my purse. This I actually did do, but when my manager called me to the office to ask had I seen it I told I may have put it in my purse, because I have papers in there and there are usually paper scattered about the office. I did have it, I gave it back and I apologized. Three days later I was suspended. I was forced to write down what LP wanted me to. What i was forced to write down was that i passed merchandise because she could not conviently find the transaction where the items were actually purchased. That statement I know was a flat out lie. After a week of suspension I was fired. I have worked for this company for 5Yrs. I have handled 100's of thousands of dollars of cash. as an MGT.  Yet they suspended me the day before my birthday and fired me 3 days before 5 yr anniversary with the company for 2.00 cpn and a receipt.

I have had a miscarriage because of the stress of this job, I have worked numerous holidays to be a team player, I have worked off the clock because as an mgt you have to take your breaks and you have to still answer calls( even when the mgr is there).  I have adhered to every change they wanted me to and this is how they repay me!? ON top of this the store manager Sandra T. has given away merchandise to exa Larry C.. 6-8 cases of potting soil that came in was "too hard" after 1506ing the merchandise she didn't want to jam up her new trash compactor in her new store so she let him have it for free. Well if we estimate about 2.00 a bag and 8 in a case and 8 cases thats about 128 dollars.  No telling what else she has passed in her almost 20 yrs as a manager.

And the other store in Phenix City Alabama on the 280 bypass had one hell of a mice problem.  When I worked at that location one of our daily tasks was to take down the can goods and dry goods they liked to eat and wipe away the pee and turds. If I  had to guess how many mice we had at any one given time maybe 150-175. So don't eat any cereal, or crackers, or things of that nature.

Truth be told I was kinda glad they fired me.  I hated working for a company that thought so little of their employees.  There is no company culture.  Last year we stopped getting our 15.00 taxed WG gift card Christmas Bonus. What kinda crap is that from a billion dollar company?????

Theres a lot more I can dish out . . . and I probabaly will.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2009 12:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WALGREENS/Phenix-City-Deerfield-Illinois-Columbus-Georgia-Alabama-36869/WALGREENS-WRONGFULLY-FIRED-Phenix-City-Alabama-486383. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WALGREENS

Alabama has a stand your gound law. So we was well with in our rights to scream our stand up to our neighbors because they was the ones who started the altercation screaming and cursing at us. The phenix city municipal court denied our right to file a harassment complaint agaisnt them because they went to the police chief & captain when they threaten us they would do!,  go to the hire ups!.

The phenix city municipal court granted them to file a warrant agaisnt us for harassment only after speaking to the police chief and captain and we had to go to court. We did not have a lawyer at the municipal court date. We obtain a lawyer 5 months later & had to pay $2500 we appeal the municipal court decision for a jury trial. Our lawyer managed to get the charged dropped but the da was trying to say for us to stay away from our accusers wait a minute. We talked to our lawyer to put in the agreement that they had to stay away from us to! and don't bother us!.

This was a complete nightmare all because we refused to allow them to park in front of our home & they meant they was going to get revenge on us!. Well our false accusers did move away and the neighborhood has been at peace until the new neighbors moved in & because our false accusers bad mouthed us to them they have formed an opinion and things aren't as peaceful anymore, but Alabama has a stand your ground law and we have every right to defend our selves!.

That is what we did in the last situation but phenix city has never let go of their "Corrupt" was since the 1950's. They are still corrupt.  Its no telling how many innocent people they have falsely accused! for the last 58 years!.

#2 General Comment

Theft

AUTHOR: daughter of my mother - ()

It is a violation of Walgreen's company policy, not to mention Federal Labor Laws, to work off the clock if you are not a salaried employee. Therefore, once you punch out for break or to go home, you cannot be "forced" to work. If you were that concerned, you would have contacted your labor relations office and filed a complaint. If stress is such that you miscarried, then common sense would have assuredly prevailed and you would have left the environment that was so stressful.

That said, you signed acknowledgements stating that if a customer leaves behind a coupon or a register reward you will tear it up and throw it away. You acknowledged with your signature that the action o keeping the coupon or register reward constitued theft.

As for the receipt you stole from the office, and yes, by taking it and putting it in your purse you did steal it, you acknowledged the theft.

The discipline for theft can include termination.

And, again, if you were concerned, either at the time of the alleged incident or at the time of your termination, regarding the incident with the potting soil, then you would have reported it. You didn't. So, IF the incident actually happened, which I sincerely doubt, common sense should have prevailed again and you should ave reported it.

Since you never reported anything, I can only come to the conclusion that you either have no common sense or you are not telling the whole and truthful story.

AUTHOR: Alabama Resident - (USA)

If the crook's & thug's from the DA'S office police department,  & municipal court,  they shouldn't be screwing with our lives.  They shouldn't rush to judgement with what people say about you.  If they have no real evidence of they're accusations they shouldn't allow them to file charge's.

I will speak out when i'm being done wrong & being lied about.  The police in this town will believe anything anyone accuses you off with out any real evidence they rush to judgement to quickly.
I hate people all together. They go out of their way to get me upset. They do everything they can to get at me.  I have a right to walk in my own "YARD" if i feel like. I have nothing to feel "ASHAMED" about.

All we asked was to not let their friends park on our property. They respect their friends wishes & they don't park on their property.  Why can't they respect "OURS" instead they get "MAD" & don't speak.

I still respect their property even though their friends damaged ours.  The "H**L" with them.

When, oh when ?

AUTHOR: Diogenes - (USA)

Chuckles, when are you going to grow up and start acting like an adult ?  Your whining and sniveling are quite tiresome, you know.  And I often wonder how you are able to go out in public without someone beating the living chit out of you every time.  Come to think of it, I'll bet that actually happens to you quite often, doesn't it ?  And, yes, you are indeed a cretin.
They are bad businesses in phenix city also. But their in every state people think. I shouldn't expose my bad experiences but instead they accuse me of ripping or scamming the business which is not "TRUE".

#7 General Comment

Water in Phenix City, Alabama

AUTHOR: Observer - (United States of America)

I have been reading the posts from major retail stores (Walgreens, Kmart & Walmart). It is funny that Phenix City is near the top on each company. I live in Phenix City, and used to work at Kmart for 15 years, while another family member works at Walmart. So I spend quite a bit of time in retail establishments in our fair city.

While the water has nothing to do with the employees' attitude, the local community's tension does play a part of it. I am not saying it is all racial, but race is playing a big part of it. In many retail establishments, reverse discrimination is at work, and management will not say anything due to the involvement of the NAACP (I have heard more than one employee at Kmart threaten to call the local NAACP because they did not get the days off they wanted). I have seen customers being mistreated by employees or just be rude, and depending upon who is manager of the day, that employee may or not be "reprimanded". The manager's actions (or lack therefore of) will let other employees know what they can and will be able to get by with.

I am not saying everything is about race in Phenix City, a lot has to do with the attitude of the customer as they come into the store. I have heard more than one shopper going into a store (on a cell phone) telling them they will get what they want or they will scream to high heaven until they do (usually phrased a bit more graphic than this). The employee has become a "punching bag" for shoppers. They are caught between a rock and a hard place. They "must follow company procedures", yet they also "must satisfy the customer". When one conflicts the other...the manager will grease the squeakiest wheel and take it out on the employee. If you don't believe me...go watch how shoppers behave toward employees on Sunday after Church. See how "churchpeople" get ugly with the salesperson (who has no control of the situation) and threatens to never come back.

Needless to say, I am glad I no longer work retail in this area. Regardless of if you are an employee or shopper, white or black, the closer the days get to Christmas, the uglier the tempers will be.

Chuckie

AUTHOR: Lord High Goblin - (United States of America)

I am impressed Chuckie, another personality really. You are a indeed a determined individual or should I say group of individuals. I see that you are now admitting to theft, since you stole that receipt what else have you been doing that you have not been admitting to. You know we all wish you the best of luck in your continued quest of gainful employment, a decent vehicle, and proper medical help for your condition.

Hugs and Kisses from your betters.

lesson

AUTHOR: Disco Queen - (USA)

True...but to win a slander or libel case you need to prove three aspects to win...prove two and you still lose.

1.  the person that said or wrote it knew it to be false or damaging

2.  the person did it will malace

3.  the person (the receiving end) was harmed to the point of damages.

1.  means:  I have to say or write something that I know 100% to be false.  A opinion is not something I know to be false but just that an opinion.  If I say the sky is orange...when after living on this planet for years now that not to be true...then that is a false statement.  To say something like I know you are a thief, that is an opinion.

2.  means:  must have done this with the intent to harm the other person.  I did it to so the other party is suffering damages, such as a lose of a job.

3.  means:  I have posted or said something that has created damages such as a lose of a job.  That would be a damage...lose of income.

If one or all are not proven in a court of law then the case will be dismissed and the other party will win.  Freedom of speech is a vague area of the law leaving numerous times a person can say something that seems to "harm" the other party but is not slander or libel.

Hey benn do you know what slander and defamation means.   You just can't out right call somebody a thief online they could file a personal injury suit agaisnt you since slander  Is considered a injury.  You'er the most "Hateful" person I have ever seen on rip-off report.  You just can't go spreading rumor's & lies about people.

There Is no need for how people act on this site.  So keep It up accusing people of stuff.

What the???

AUTHOR: Benn - (U.S.A.)

My question to the original poster is why do you use your purse as a filing cabinet?  You posted that you have used your purse in the past since your desk is cluttered...sounds like you have multiple problems.

1.  you are not organized

2.  you are not able to handle the job and time constraints

3.  you are a thief...there is NEVER a reason to put anything that isn't property of your own in your purse EVER!   If you bought something then you need to put that stuff along with said receipt in your car right away and then lock your vehicle.  But to use your purse for a filing cabinet at work?  Please, you are either a total idiot or a thief that was caught.

Again just my thoughts since I can only devise an opinion on what you posted.  I could be wrong but given the information you posted, you had your hands in the cookie jar and the manager caught you and showed you the door.

AUTHOR: Charles - (USA)

Same old same old crap people, accusing me of being a scammer for me reporting real bad business. I just "YAWN". Such childish behavior.

People need to look into thing before jumping to conclusions

AUTHOR: Charles - (USA)

People need to look into things before their.  I have never worked @ Walgreen's.

People assume sense It Is a complaint from phenix city,  that I wrote It.   Talk about pure stupidity.  These smart people have more stupidity then the people they are insulting.

And this Is to all my HATERS.

People really do love me don't they

AUTHOR: Charles - (USA)

People really do love me don't they.  Don't mind the scum on this site,  who tend to put me down!.

They call my complaints RANTS,  they want to ruin my day.  But I just go on living my life.  Your enemies really hate you If you,  go on with your life.  I don't let them (CONTROL) my life.

I love my HATERS  how they continue,  to talk about me In other peoples complaints.

They just try to get everyone me,  well I don't care anymore.  I don't care about other people.

I only care about MYSELF only,  & I don't give a damn what people say behind my back.

I just would like to tell my HATERS my complaints, ' RANTS.

Have a nice day.

Its really sad these lowdown  loser people.

Harass people who post complaints.  They have no RIGHT to harass you,  or lie about you.

They have harassed me because,  I have exposed.  About lying employers & bad businesses.

But I don't let It get me down,  & I do not let them control my life.

I just needed to tell my side of the story,  to justify what my haters have already said about me.  And I have a right to tell my side of the story!!!!!!!!.

They are nothing but pure assholes.  To treat an innocent person this way,  they do this to alot of innocent people on rip-off report.

#15

Mices

AUTHOR: Tomas - (U.S.A.)

Hello, it is Dr. Texino and he would take all the mice information he can receive due to a giant shortage of mouse fetus on the market.  Mouse fetus is good stem cell material for the cure of forget it disease.  Now please to reply on location of the mouse colony and I will send a reduction crew!

Thanks

Texino

#16

Wow

AUTHOR: Diogenes - (U.S.A.)

What kind of people live in Phenix City ?????  Is it a requirement that every resident must be a scammer with an IQ of under 70 ???  I know that Phenix City was once labeled as the worst city in America, but I though it was because of coruption, not stupidity.  Well, live and learn.

#17

One of my favorite cities!

AUTHOR: Ken - (U.S.A.)

Is there something in the water there in Phenix City?

My first thought was Charles, too....but the OP is far too coherent.

#18

Charles, is that you ??????

AUTHOR: Opana - (U.S.A.)

You certainly sound like another familiar poster to this site, Charles.

In any case, you have a terrible sense of entitlement.  You have not been ripped off in any way, shape or form.  You deserved to be terminated.  You behaved dishonestly and are making excuses for your bad behavior.   You are trying to rationalize your behavior by comparing it to others.  You are responsible for yourself and your actions.  Doesn't matter what anybody else did.

Grow up and act like a mature adult.

#19

Wrongfully Fired?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

By chance you are not related to Charles are you, because this sure sounds like one of his rants.

So here is the situation, you had a customer's receipt in your purse.  There is no logical reason you should have it.  Your reasoning was that there were papers scattered around the office.  So it is common practice for you to just put office papers in your purse without looking at them?

Sounds like there is more here that you are not saying, and you may want to do some thinking before you "dish out" anymore.

#20

One Question

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

What were you planning to do with the customer's receipt? Identity theft? Return stolen merchandise? There is no legitimate reason for YOU to have stolen a customer's receipt. "This I actually did do". "I MAY have put it in my purse". Did you actually think an apology was gonna get you out of it? They had plenty of grounds for firing you. Maybe you and charles can get togeather and swap stories about how unfair the world is.

#21

Take your lumps!

AUTHOR: Inspector - (U.S.A.)

I wouldn't dish any more out if I were you, it makes you look more guilty.  You had knowledge of wrong doing and you sat on it until you are fired.  You take something that does not belong to you.  You think firing you over two dollars is petty.

They do not have to show you the video tape and if you really did not do anything wrong then you would not care if you see it or not, because you know it's not true.  You unconsciously put a receipt in your purse but, you swear on the coupon issue.

Take your lumps with some dignity.  By the way, what kind of can goods do mice like to eat?