Complaint Review: WALKING EQUIPMENT CO.

• Submitted: Fri, December 07, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, December 07, 2012

• Reported By: Donna — King of Prussia Pennsylvania U.S.A.
WALKING EQUIPMENT CO.
12399 S. BELCHER ROAD, STE. 160, LARGO, Florida United States of America

WALKING EQUIPMENT CO. FASHIONABLE CANES IT IS MADE BY INJECTION MOLDING NOT BY HEATING UP THE LUCITE AND TWISTING IT LIKE SOME OTHER PRODUCTS ON THE INTERNET. LARGO, Florida

THESE IGNORANT PEOPLE SENT ME A LUCITE CANE THAT WAS SO BRITTLE, IT SNAPPED AT THE HANDLE THE FIRST TIME I STEPPED OFF A CURB INTO THE STREET.  MY FRIEND CAUGHT ME, OR I WOULD HAVE FALLEN AND POSSIBLY DAMAGED MY BONES.  I AM 63 WITH OSTEOPOROSIS AND COULD HAVE BROKEN MY HIP.  I BEGAN CALLING IMMEDIATELY AND THEY WANTED ME TO SEND THEM THE CANE FOR A REPLACEMENT--I DID NOT WANT ANOTHER OF THEIR CANES!!

I ASKD FOR A FULL REFUND, AFTER I WOULD SEND THEM THE CANE AND THEY REFUSEDTHEY OFFERED ME ANOTHER CANE FOR $25 AND SHIPPING COSTS!!

I TOLD THEM THAT I DID NOT WANT ANOTHER OF THEIR DANGEROUS CANES.  I FILED WITH THE FL ATTORNEY GENERAL AND IT TOOK ME 10 MONTHS TO GET THEM TO HAVE A CONFERENCE CALL WITH FL ATTY GENERAL'S REP FOR PINELLAS COUNTY, ME AND THE COMPANY, AND THE COMPANY'S ATTITUDE WAS RUDE AND ABRUPT JUST AS THE ATTITUDE I RECEIVED WHEN I FIRST CALLED THEM.

THEY ARE
VERY NASTY PEOPLE.  THEY WOULD NOT BUDGE AND NEVER ONCE APOLOGIZED FOR MY INCIDENT!!  I WOULD NOT BUY A THING FROM THEM AGAIN.  THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO HELP A DISABILITY, NOT CAUSE A DISABILITY.  THE CANE WAS VERY BRITTLE.  I HAVE 7 YEAR-OLD CANES MADE OF LUCITE THAT HAVE NEVER DONE THIS TO ME AND THEY WERE MADE BY THEIR COMPETITORS.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2012 02:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WALKING-EQUIPMENT-CO/LARGO-Florida-33773/WALKING-EQUIPMENT-CO-FASHIONABLE-CANES-IT-IS-MADE-BY-INJECTION-MOLDING-NOT-BY-HEATING-UP-978941. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WALKING EQUIPMENT CO.