Complaint Review: WALMART - CREDIT CARDS

• Submitted: Sun, February 29, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, February 29, 2004

• Reported By:PEMBROKE PINES Florida
WALMART - CREDIT CARDS
P.O. BOX 960023 (NO STREET ADRESS) ORLANDO, Florida U.S.A.

WALMART -CREDIT CARDS ripoff Caused bad blemish on good credit record with no explanation! ORLANDO Florida

In November of 2002, I entered the Cooper City, Fl. Walmart to purchase a childs birthday gift as I am or was an avid Walmart shopper. I had a high limit Walmart credit card and no cash on me so I decided to use it. I go to check out and the card is declined. I tell the cashier please swipe again, must be the magnetic swipe. She obliges, and again it declines.

So I use another card that thank God I have on me and step to the side and call the toll free number on the back. Totally useless as this is Sunday and they have no customer service on Sunday.I then call on Monday and the misfortune talking to one of the rudist customer reps in my life! I called in gave my numeber, and my personal info and after I had verified who I wasthey transfered me to another department. When I asked what department I had been transferred to when I got connected to the rude B___H she let me have it!

My account was in collections! For what I asked? Total silence on her part. I asked if my account was delinquent. No. But Walmart reserves the right to deny credit at any time was her answer. And her only answer! After we got into a little tiff of what this was going to to to my otherwise spotless credit record I hung up. The next day I called back and got ahold of another nicer gentleman who said that this was the strangest thing he had ever seen. Didn't I get a letter? Sure! That's why I walked in & tried to buy an item on a dead credit card! of course not! (By this time I'm a little bitter)

So he gave me the numbers of the credit bureaus so I could get my free credit reports, because anytime there is negative action on your credit you can get a free copy, and right there on the front pager before ALL my pay as agrees was ACCOUNT CLOSED BY CREDITOR -MONOGRAM CREDIT CARD BANK OF GEORGIA. Nice huh? Is this legal?

They just screwed a perfect credit score. Oh by the way, all of a sudden I went and applied for a Target card, got it and the next thing I know my Walmart card was reinstated. What is that all about?

Vera
PEMBROKE PINES, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/29/2004 09:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WALMART-CREDIT-CARDS/ORLANDO-Florida-32896-0023/WALMART-CREDIT-CARDS-ripoff-Caused-bad-blemish-on-good-credit-record-with-no-explanation-82338. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WALMART - CREDIT CARDS