Complaint Review: WALMART

WALMART Purchased items left on carousel. Again. Tahlequah, Oklahoma

*Consumer Comment: It's not WalMart, it's the checkout person

*Consumer Comment: Some of us are smarter

*UPDATE Employee: I'm sure this is not an intentional act

*Consumer Comment: Hardly a ripoff.

Once again, after leaving WalMart a great deal more harried and lighter in the pocketbook, I realized I've been ripped off again by the superstore. Yet another of my bags of groceries did not end up in my cart.

After having this happen numerous times in at least at 4 different WalMart stores, I am on my guard for any missing bags left at the carousel. Still, after dealing with hundreds of other shoppers, crying children, unattended shopping carts, rude and clueless store personnel, mega-jammed shelves and long, long check-out lines, I reach the cash register with an urgency to leave the store. And at least once a month I get home without my full money's worth.

I find it hard to believe that this is happening only to me, and if it's happening to WalMart's other customers with any frequency at all, this has got to be adding up to quite a little profit for our neighborhood superstore.

Is WalMart so desperate for our few last coins that it's willing to steal from us right out of our grocery carts? SHAME.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2010 02:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WALMART/Tahlequah-Oklahoma-74464/WALMART-Purchased-items-left-on-carousel-Again-Tahlequah-Oklahoma-614141. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WALMART

It's not WalMart, it's the checkout person

AUTHOR: SusanB - (United States of America)

It's not the policy of WalMart, which has a system for claiming stuff left in bags, tallying each day's leftovers in a book, like St. Peter at the gate. So if you know what day you left the bag and what was in it, you get that stuff. Not the exact stuff, but the same items.
Funny thing is, my stuff wasnt' in the book, after being checked out by a woman who puts items in every other bag, or just one little thing in a bag by itself, so you can barely tell it's there, and then gets huffy when you try to look at all the bags on the carousel, because, suddenly so speedy, she has already started bagging the next customer's stuff while your just trying to find your stuff.
And the stuff is something you might want to get for your kid - sidewalk chalk and a tube of DVD scratch repair.
Also, both times it was late at night, when it would be easier for the employee to leave the store at the end of her shift with little attention to what she was carrying.
You could say if the pay was better this woman wouldn't have to do this. I don't think she has to do it, she just likes to do it. And now I am watching her like a hawk.

Some of us are smarter

AUTHOR: Inspector - (USA)

It happens once, we learn, we check from now on.  How many times does it have to happen to you before you learn?

You should be thankful to Walmart, you insist on shopping there, It must give you a reason to gripe.

I'm sure this is not an intentional act

AUTHOR: Thuno - (United States of America)

I am employed by Walmart and also shop at the store I work in. I have had this happen to me several times, even when I checkout with cashiers I know very well.

This usually happens when the cashier is really busy and I'm not paying attention. I know for a fact that in training cashiers are told to double check that all bags have been removed from the carousel before moving on to the next customer, unfortunatly sometimes they are to busy and or simply forget this.

I personnally feel that it is just as much the customers responsibility to make sure they have all their bags. Simply ask the cashier, "Is this all my bags"?? before leaving the checkout. In most cases the cashier should be happy to give it a fast spin and check.

It would be hard for me to believe that any  Walmart store or employee is intentionally "ripping off" anyones purchases by doing this.

Hardly a ripoff.

AUTHOR: I am the law - (USA)

How is this a ripoff?

You left your bags on the carousel. Walmart didn't physically rip the bags out of your hand and put the stuff back on the shelf. You were distracted and you made a mistake. Own up to it.