Complaint Review: WALMART

WALMART ,DEFECTIVE FLIP FLOPS CHEMICAL BURN NATIONWIDE

*Author of original report: USE COMMOM SENSE

*Author of original report: USE COMMOM SENSE

*Consumer Comment: Interesting

Okay here is the situation... I purchased some cheap like $2 flip flops from walmart in April 2007(yellow with pink straps and white flowers on them). I had no problems with them other then after wearing them for so long my feet would itch but I assumed thats because I wore them so much.

Anyway strangely enough I am surfing the web one night looking for natural health info and someway somehow one of the links I clicked on in my search led me to this womans page. On one of the topics it said shoes so I clicked it and it was about the exact same shoes I owned. So there were pictures and her story of how she went to the clinic because after wearing the shoes she developed something like an extreme rash and they told her it was a chemical burn from the shoes. From her pics and my own current situation I believe it is from the straps because the marks on the skin are in the shape of the pink straps. I had assumed she was just that unlucky person who may have been allergic or something.

I had noticed prior to reading her article like two tiny bumps that itch by the area on the top of my foot like between the big toe and toe next to it but I had just assumed it was from the straps being tight from wearing them so much.

Anyway heres the deal I soon after developed a red mark in the exact design of the straps across both my feet with tiny bumps that itch and burn extremely bad. I used some aveeno itch cream and desitine (which does not help much) and wore shoes as little as possible. It has been weeks since I stopped wearing the shoes and it seems like it actually got worse since I stopped wearing them.

The woman whose web site I went to had tried to get them removed from the store and got sent around so she got an attorney and just like yesterday emailed me to tell me they finally removed the shoes. I am going to go to the doctor because the mark keeps lightening up and wont bother me much (like it is going away)but then gets really red and itches and burns really bad. I have no known allergies and wore the shoes often (like all the time around the house outside etc.) for months before this developing.

I think trying to contact an attorney would be a waste unless there is permanent damage done to myself because of this. I really don't see much coming from pain and suffering from a pair of flip flops that cost less than $2. The main issue was to have them removed and that has been done thanks to this woman. I will still take current photos and save my doctors diagnosis and treatment just in case.

Mpw55337
MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2007 10:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WALMART/nationwide/WALMART-DEFECTIVE-FLIP-FLOPS-CHEMICAL-BURN-NATIONWIDE-272154. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WALMART

USE COMMOM SENSE

AUTHOR: Mpw55337 - (U.S.A.)

First off, use COMMON SENSE do you think the store would remove the shoes because of one or two people claiming they got a rash???? Not likely. Also I never complained to the store or anyone else besides consumers. I have yet to go to the doctor. I was hoping it would go away. I am not really a baby about pain, but as I stated earlier my concern in going to the doctor is because it has been at least a month or so since the initial symptoms began and weeks since not wearing them but the rash is still there and gets worse then better then worse. The womans doctor told her she had a chemical burn. Anyway what would happen is what did and Wal mart told her initially she was probably allergic to the chemical the shoes were made out of. Fyi reportedly she only wore the shoes once for like 8 hours. There have been several other complaints by other people who wore the shoes one time and got a rash which is why the shoes were finally pulled. This woman has been dealing with this since some time in July I think. Also if I had lawsuit in mind I probably would have went to the doctor and contacted an attorney over a month ago when this started happening READ THE WRITING!!

USE COMMOM SENSE

AUTHOR: Mpw55337 - (U.S.A.)

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

There are probably 3000 walmarts and if each store sold at least 100 pairs, more like 2 or 300 pairs, of those flip-flops, that would make at least 300,000 pairs. And we're reading about TWO reactions out of 300,000? "I had no problems with them other then after wearing them for so long MY FEET WOULD ITCH...." She says they were too tight and she wore them too long. Lord, wearing the same nasty $2 flip-flops for so long is gonna give anyones feet an itch and rash, but now she wants to get an attorney and sue. Give me a frickkin break.