Complaint Review: WAMU / Chase Bank

• Web:
  • Category: Banks

WAMU / Chase Bank took my money woodland, California

*Consumer Comment: This is standard practice for Chase

*General Comment: Same happened to me.

About a year and a half ago my fiance and I decided to open a bank account. I didn't want to, but my mom told me that it was a good idea and at the job I was working I could have my check directly deposited into my account. We opened a joint bank account, it seemed like a good idea since we were planning on getting married and we were already at that point where we share money rather then keeping our own. We opened the account with about 800 dollars. We put two hundred into savings and the other 600 into checking. Then we waited. We received my bank card and checks, that night we decided to go to dinner. We called the card to make sure our money was on it and everything was fine, and it was. We ate, we left. We didn't use the card again. A few days later we got a statement in the mail that said we were default by 118.00. My first reaction was to get mad at my fiance because he obviously used the money. But then I thought about it some more and we NEVER recived his checks or bank card and I ALWAYS kept my card with me. Not only that, but we both had to be physically present to take money out of our account in the bank. We closed the account and tried to find out where our money wentm, but the most they were able to do was refer us to the fraud department, which didn't do anything.

I was mad for a while about our missing money. It wasn't much, but it was a start to our savings as a couple. From this, I have learned that I do not trust banks. I think my money is safer under my mattress, or in our pockets.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2010 05:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WAMU-Chase-Bank/woodland-California-95776/WAMU-Chase-Bank-took-my-money-woodland-California-578842. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WAMU / Chase Bank

This is standard practice for Chase

AUTHOR: bsashakins - (United States of America)

I am currently faced with the same situation. My husband and I had our cards stolen out of our mail. The criminals wiped our account out, deposited numerous stolen and "bad" checks, and made additional withdrawals.

Chase has denied our claim and not only refuses to give our money back, but are trying to collect the overdrawn funds from us. I have reported CHASE to FDIC, Attorney General's office, California Department of Financial Institutions, Better Business Bureau, and I am in the process of filing a small claims court case against them.

Don't give up --- these banks are getting far too comfortable with denying proper care and customer service. Most consumers won't fight to a level that really hurts them.

#2 General Comment

Same happened to me.

AUTHOR: nick - (United States of America)

Chase bank cleaned me out and put me in defualt. Chase/Wamu needs to be stopped before they claim new victims.