Complaint Review: WASH DEPOT HOLDINGS INC.

• Submitted: Mon, November 26, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, January 17, 2013

• Reported By: ESM — PHOENIX Arizona United States of America
WASH DEPOT HOLDINGS INC.
4119 E. Thomas Road Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

WASH DEPOT HOLDINGS INC. SIMONIZ CAR WASH THREATENING, CONFRONTATIONAL & TERRIBLE CAR WASH Phoenix, Arizona

*Author of original report: Update

*UPDATE Employee: Apology

*Consumer Comment: You have to be kidding

I have been coming to the Octopus Car Wash for 20+ (Also know as Simoniz & Owned by Wash Depot Holdings Inc/Gary Anderson). I have had minor issues in getting a decent car wash over the years but today was the last straw. When my car was finished, I pointed out to the worker that the car was wet in many areas, not yet wiped down and asked him to complete the job; he got in my face and said "it ain't gonna be perfect" and "you ain't paying me", rather than just simply doing the job right. I said that I paid for a car wash and the least I expect is the job to be done right, and not to expect a tip. He again said, "you ain't payin' me and I got money stuffed in my pockets" & walked off. He circled around and it appeared he was getting something (a weapon?) Sensing there may be a physical altercation, I got in my vehicle and left to avoid trouble.

A few minutes later, I called in and spoke to the "manager" named "John", who sound like a  patronizing jerk-off, who said "come on in and I'll fix you up". He didn't sound like he took my complaint seriously.

Over the years they have done an ok job, but most of the time it is half-assed, sloppy and you end up wiping down the car yourself if you don't like the job because they will not do anything if you complain. These are really a bunch of uneducated men (and a few women) who cannot get employment elsewhere and have a low grade and confrontational mentality. You cannot discuss a complaint or concern with them intellectually, as they get defensive and confrontational. Very insecure with a chip on their shoulder.

At this point I placed a stop payment on the charge, will not be returning and considering litigation against the business and the owner personally. I will decide this after speaking with my attorney. I usually don't like to spend legal expenses over an issue such as this, but I believe sometimes you need to make a point.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2012 05:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WASH-DEPOT-HOLDINGS-INC/Phoenix-Arizona-85060/WASH-DEPOT-HOLDINGS-INC-SIMONIZ-CAR-WASH-THREATENING-CONFRONTATIONAL-TERRIBLE-CAR-WAS-974047. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WASH DEPOT HOLDINGS INC.

Update

AUTHOR: ESM - (USA)

Since posting this report, I have never heard from the company. I disputed the charge with AMEX and got my money back.

Apology

AUTHOR: Lisa S. - (United States of America)

Dear Sir/Madam; My name is Lisa; I am the Customer Service Manager for Simoniz Car Wash. I want to assure you that your complaint regarding our Phoenix facility has been reviewed and taken very seriously.
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any misunderstanding or poor service you received.  Our company stands behind our service 100% and would like to extend a rewash of your vehicle that you were not satisfied with.
If you would like to discuss this or any other concerns, please call me at your convenience 1-800-339-3949 Ext. 190.  My office is located in Massachusetts and my hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

Lisa S.
Customer Service Manager
Wash Depot Holdings, Inc.

You have to be kidding

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

Litigation over some water smears and little banter? What a waste of time and money.