Complaint Review: WATCH REPAIR USA

• Submitted: Sun, September 21, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, June 04, 2009

• Reported By:Neversink New York
WATCH REPAIR USA
4940 Merrick Road, #262 Massapequa Park, New York U.S.A.

WATCH REPAIR USA Didn't repair a SUUNTO watch that they claimed they could - then charged. Massapequa Park New York

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: No false advertising here

I wrote this company to ask if they could replace the bezel on a SUUNTO altimeter watch & they claimed that they could. I sent this watch to them
(my expenditure) and they sent me an estimate for $50 for a watch battery (I did not ask for) and said they could not replace the bezel.

Now this watch has a separate battery hatch so it takes all of 5 seconds to replace the battery. I told them I DID NOT WANT the battery replaced especially
for $50 when I can buy one for $3.

Then they wanted $11 just to return the watch to me.

This company didn't fulfill their claims as authorized SUUNTO repair & were dishonest/deceptive when they said that they could repair it.

Believe they just want the $11 for every watch sent them & return un-repaired.
If they do simple repairs their prices are excessive.

Kevin
Neversink, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2008 08:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WATCH-REPAIR-USA/Massapequa-Park-New-York-11762/WATCH-REPAIR-USA-Didnt-repair-a-SUUNTO-watch-that-they-claimed-they-could-then-charged-374779. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WATCH REPAIR USA

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

No false advertising here

AUTHOR: Adam - (U.S.A.)

On our website, our policy is clearly spelt out:

1. We are not SUUNTO and are not their authorized service center. However, we did (at the time) often repair them with batteries and band replacements. In this case, the watch in question needed a specialized plastic part, a new bezel, which the company was not willing to provide.

2. We clearly state on our website, that we provide free incoming shipping only. Furthermore, upon signing up, the customer needed to check off that he agreed with our terms and conditions, which clearly spells out what charges the customer will be responsible for in this scenario. The verbiage can be found at www.watchrepairsusa.com/terms_and_conditions.php.

Not every watch can be repaired, but we try as hard as possible to make sure that every watch that can be repaired, gets repaired in some way shape or form.