Complaint Review: WAWA Digital

• Submitted: Tue, December 06, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, December 06, 2005

• Reported By:Homer Glen Illinois
WAWA Digital
wawadigital.com , New York U.S.A.

WAWA Digital lied, rude, hung up, didn't update web site, only bad web experience, credit card Brooklyn New York

I placed an order for a digital camera at about 11:00 PM NY time, on a Monday night. About 10 minutes later, a man called my home number to verify the order. He talked me into purchasing a spare battery; that wasn't so bad, I knew I'd have to get one anyway, and it was priced at retail rather than highly discounted, but I went with it.

The next morning, I got to work, checked my e-mail, and there was a note there that said I should call to confirm my order. Odd, since I spoke with them the night before, but I called to be sure, since I didn't want to delay the order. The person on the other end told me that I didn't need to confirm, that I had done that last night, and that he noticed that I hadn't purchased a warranty. I told him that I'd be OK with the manufacturer's warranty.

He told me that the camera didn't come with a warranty. That made me nervous, but I told him that there had to be a manufacturer's warranty. "No," he said, "Absolutely no warranty. And this phone call is recorded, and after you get the camera, don't call back here saying that the camera came without a warranty."

I informed him that as long as he didn't send me a refurbished camera, I'd be OK with that. He hung up on me.

The weekend came and went, and I felt more and more uncomfortable as they had my address, phone number, and credit card number, including the little 3-character, "this reelly, really is my card" number. Monday, I tried to call and the second I said "I ordered a camera last week, and..." he said "not available, not available. Thanks goodbye." and hung up on me.

These people are scum. I can't believe that with all of the complaints out there about them that are exactly like mine, that they're still in business. I don't know that much about the law, but I'm pretty sure that they should be in jail getting the same treatment that they've been giving out to people who were willing to give them legitimately earned money for products that were falsely advertised.

Keith
Homer Glen, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2005 09:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WAWA-Digital/New-York/WAWA-Digital-lied-rude-hung-up-didnt-update-web-site-only-bad-web-experience-credit-167102. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WAWA Digital