Complaint Review: WAYFAIR

• Submitted: Thu, January 10, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, January 10, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous — Phoenix Arizona United States of America

WAYFAIR Wayfair doesn't stock much of what they claim to stock/sell , Internet

Learned the hard way Wayfair advertises thousands of items but doens't actually stock much if anything themselves.   They make false claims - in my order two tools were advertised 'in stock' ship in 24 hours....to assure this I called and checked on both items.  Lady said both in stock will ship next day. Nice lady but bogus.

One was shipped from a third party in CA the next day - two days later the second tool came up 'ship in 4 days'.  When checked a week later about order  (web site said tool was both "shipped" and "not shipped") I learned the tool was back ordered and the third party would ship it two weeks later = three weeks total.

They also attempted to charge me for return shipping on tool I can't use without the other fan-clutch tool.  Only after "getting an OK" did they agreed to pay for return UPS shipping on tool I can't use.

However, I've now learned in Wayfair email I should to expect refund money in one to two months....even though they took my money the day the order was made.  Guess I'll have to see how long they use my money before they return it to me for tool I'm returning and one I never received.

Worth noting I don't think they allow negative comments to be on 'reviews'.   I only see 4-5 star ratings on everything - if their is any 1 star rating I can't find it.  I've written three 'not in stock' reviews with one star on the car too - none have been posted yet - so beware!!!  WAYFAIR opertates a MISLEADING WEB SITE.

Wish I'd found this site sooner.

The tool ordered still states "24 hour" shipping even though it will be the end of January....not a day.

Company (not employees on phone) have a total rip off business plan.  They do not stock much if anything - one tool from CA  - one tool from different company in PA - not available but still being listed on Wayfair web site.

Disappointing company - pretty much a rip off - worse internet purchase ever for me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2013 03:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WAYFAIR/internet/WAYFAIR-Wayfair-doesnt-stock-much-of-what-they-claim-to-stocksell-Internet-994739. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WAYFAIR