Complaint Review: WC Value-Plus V

• Submitted: Thu, September 04, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, September 04, 2008

• Reported By:COLORADO SPRINGS Colorado
WC Value-Plus V
Minnesota Unknown, Minnesota U.S.A.

WC Value-Plus V Unauthorized Debit Card Charges $16.95 mo. Minnesota

I just noticed a $16.95 charge to my Visa debit while checking my bank account online. There was an 800# beside the charge and when I called I got a young man telling me I was being charged for some unspecified type of "membership services. He couldn't/wouldn't even give me his company name or tell me what the membership was for or how they had gotten my card #.

Next I demanded a supervisor who told me the membership was for a club called "Gardens Alive" and that this was the name of his company. Claimed he could find no record of my name/zip in his computer and couldn't refund my charges as he had no history of me placing an order. He also would not explain how they had my card #.

Next I placed a call to my bank to dispute the charge and upon looking at my account she told me they'd charged me the $16.95 for the past 3 months. They have a 60 day limit at my bank to dispute charges so I think I made it in on the wire to get a complete refund. I'll have to complete a dispute form and they had to cancel my card so here I sit waiting for the new card.

I also have ordered online just before the first charge appeared. I ordered from As Seen on TV/Petsmart Online/Patch Perfect (grass seed). I can think of a number of ways these theives are getting our card information but I see there are over 108000 posts on this company when I Googled it. The last I heard stealing online info is illegal, so is one vendor selling it to another, so is unauthorized charging to one's card. When is the law going to step in here and do something for all that have been bilked by this company and to put them out of commision once and for all?

Linda
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2008 04:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WC-Value-Plus-V/Unknown-Minnesota-unknown/WC-Value-Plus-V-Unauthorized-Debit-Card-Charges-1695-mo-Minnesota-369843. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WC Value-Plus V